Ohio University’s decision to close Shively Court is predicted to save the institution about $1 million.

Shively Court partially reopens with Grab N’ Go available

Clarification appended.

As some students report hour-long lines at campus dining halls, Ohio University announced Wednesday that Shively Court will partially reopen following a permanent closure last Spring. 

Only the Grab N’ Go option will be available for students to use through the OHIO EATS app, a mobile ordering system designed for COVID-19 guidelines. 

“OHIO EATS is an easy way that students can connect with on-campus cafes, markets and dining options when they want to order to go,” Associate Vice President for Auxiliaries Gwyn Scott said in a press release. “We understand that this is a stressful time, and we want to make sure we give students flexibility when getting food while also prioritizing their health and safety by minimizing contact.”  

Shively Grab N’ Go will be open 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

Other OHIO EATS pick up locations include Boyd Market and The Front Room Coffeehouse. 

According to a previous Post report, the university predicted that closing Shively Court would save about $1 million. Carly Leatherwood, a university spokeswoman, previously said that the needs of each venue are evaluated every semester. 

Meanwhile, students on campus have expressed frustration with the current dining situation so far this semester.

“I’m not very happy about it,” Nathan Phillips, a freshman studying theater, said. “Yesterday I got back to my room at about 5:00 and I had a class at about 7:00. I decided to skip dinner because I thought it would be too long (and) I would be late for my class. I don’t think that should happen.”

Clarification appended: Alleged wait times for the campus dining halls are based off the accounts of students interviewed by The Post. Their accounts do not represent the experience of every Ohio University student. The article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.

@E_SkidmoreGS

es320518@ohio.edu