8 budget-friendly makeup dupes you need to try

Are you tired of dropping an entire paycheck to pay for your beauty routine? Instead of heading to Sephora for your next beauty haul, try your local drugstore instead. 

Sometimes with high-end makeup, you are just paying for the name brand. Other times, the product is of incredible quality, but you simply can't afford to spend the extra $50. Take the road less traveled, and head to your local drugstore. It's full of reliable and quality makeup products, all for a fraction of the price. 

Check out this list of eight drugstore makeup dupes; your wallet will thank you. 

NARS blush ($30) vs. Milani Baked Blush ($7.99)

Milani Baked Blush is highly pigmented and buildable. It's perfect for giving a glamorous glow. Go as subtle or as bold as you'd like with 11 shades to choose from. 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Voluminizing Mascara ($26) vs. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara ($9.99)

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara is almost an exact dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex Voluminizing Mascara. Both have an hourglass-shaped wand designed to lengthen, define and enhance lashes. 

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer ($27) vs. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Wear, Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer ($9.99)

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Wear, Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer knocks out dark circles. It'll wear all day and cover any imperfections, just like Tarte Shape Tape Concealer but for a better price. 

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer ($37) vs. NYX Studio Perfect Primer ($13)

Properly primed skin is key to a natural makeup look. Both primers have a silky formula producing a smooth finish. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is the best on the market, with 4,000 five-star reviews on Sephora's website. But if you're on a budget, NYX Studio Perfect Primer gets the job done, creating a smooth matte surface ready for makeup. 

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer ($52) vs. Elf Cosmetics Poreless Putty Primer ($8)

The internet swears by this dupe. Both primers have a putty consistency that fills in pores, minimizing their look. Moisturizing and suitable for all skin types, the Elf brand can save you $44.

NARS Lipstick ($26) vs. Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lip Color ($1.99)

You won't have to feel guilty having to reapply Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lip Color. Its price is unbeatable, making it a good purchase for everyday wear, or the one-time needed color. Just like NARS, it is long-wearing and pigmented. 

FENTY BEAUTY Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation ($36) vs. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation (14.99)

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Fresh Wear Foundation is the most recommended drugstore foundation on my TikTok feed. FENTY BEAUTY is a high-quality brand. But if you can't afford to splurge, this L'Oreal Paris foundation will act as a great dupe. Smooth blending and lightweight, it's all you need in a foundation. 

@colant_juliana

jc079419@ohio.edu