Ohio guard Jordan Dartis (No. 35) shoots a layup under pressure from Bowling Green's Daeqwon Plowden (No. 25) during the 62-61 Ohio loss at the Stroh Center on Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020. 

Men's Basketball: Ohio vs. Bowling Green rescheduled for Saturday

Turns out Ohio does have to work this weekend. 

After previously having their home game against Eastern Michigan postponed, the Bobcats managed to find another opponent to face Saturday. Unfortunately for the Bobcats, instead of facing the struggling Eagles in The Convo, they’ll be traveling to Bowling Green for a rematch with the Falcons. 

Ohio (11-6, 7-4 Mid-American Conference) has lost three-straight against Bowling Green —including a 83-75 loss Dec. 30 — and hasn’t defeated the Falcons in the Stroh Center since 2017. Bowling Green seems to have Ohio’s number, starting off slow but then blowing past the Bobcats in the second half. 

But Saturday’s game could play out very different. 

The Bobcats are on a four-game winning streak, and the Falcons are on a four-game losing streak. Bowling Green (10-7, 6-5 MAC) would’ve had plenty of time to get out of its funk before Feb. 20, when the two teams were originally supposed to play, but now they’ll have to try and cool off the Bobcats’ streak.  

Another obstacle the Falcon’s will have to overcome is point guard Jason Preston. Preston was out with an lower leg injury when the two teams last faced off. Freshman point guard Mark Sears still gave the Falcons problems, though. 

If the Bobcats win Saturday, they’ll push their winning streak to five games and take another step closer to a high seed in the MAC tournament. It’s only February, and the Bobcats are starting to play their best basketball of the season. 

@JL_Kirven 

jk810916@ohio.edu