Ohio University guard, Madi Mace (3), attempts to take the ball to the basket with heavy defense from University at Buffalo players during the home game on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021.

Women's Basketball: How to watch Ohio's rematch at Buffalo

Ohio will travel to Buffalo on Saturday for its first game in two weeks after its last two were postponed. The Bobcats’ (12-6, 10-5 Mid-American Conference) rematch against Buffalo will be the final push for better seeding in the upcoming MAC Tournament in Cleveland. 

It will also feature another matchup between two frontrunners for MAC Player of the Year: Ohio’s CeCe Hooks and Buffalo’s Dyaisha Fair. Hooks (25.7 ppg) is the top scorer in the conference and Fair is second (24.7 ppg).

Last time the two teams met, Ohio completed its largest comeback of the season. The Bobcats came back from an 11-point deficit in the last two minutes of the game to win 84-81.

Here’s what you need to know for Ohio’s rematch at Buffalo:

Game information

Opponent: Buffalo (12-8, 9-6 MAC)

Time: 2 p.m.

Place: Alumni Arena (Buffalo, New York)

How to watch: ESPN+

How to listen: TuneIn

MEET THE OPPONENT

Head coach: Felisha Legette-Jack

Probable Starters

02 Dyaisha Fair

10 Hanna Hall

12 Cheyenne McEvans

25 Adebola Adeyeye

52 Elea Gaba

SERIES HISTORY

Buffalo leads the all-time series 25-20. The Bulls have won nine of the past 13 games against Ohio in the last five seasons, including the 2019 MAC championship game. Ohio has recently played better on the road against Buffalo, winning each of the last two games in Alumni Arena.

WHY THIS GAME MATTERS

Ohio and Buffalo are both jockeying for better seeding in the upcoming MAC Tournament. The Bulls are currently fifth in the MAC standings, while Ohio is third. A win for either team would result in a much more favorable first round matchup, and potentially a third matchup between the teams.

With so little time until the tournament, every game is important. The last few games down the stretch can generate a huge confidence boost heading into March, and both teams want to show they are top dog.

@scott_cthomas11

St610417@ohio.edu