The Ohio University Golf Course hosts 2,000 rounds per month, used by students, area residents and both golf teams. About 40 Campus Recreation employs maintain the course. (FILE)

Men's Golf: Henry Poston apologizes for racist TikTok video

Ohio University golfer Henry Poston has apologized for a racist TikTok that he posted to his account Monday, but it might not be enough.

Poston, a freshman from Los Alamos, New Mexico, posted a video on his TikTok account, bellagiohenrold_fp, pretending to be drunk to the point where he wouldn’t care “if she’s overweight and black.”

Poston’s comments angered multiple Ohio students and OU itself, which put pressure on Poston on Twitter to apologize and take down the video. He did several hours later. 

“I just want to apologize to all the people I hurt and offended in that video,“ Poston said about his TikTok that has since been deleted. “Everyone has a different sense of humor and personally I think dark humor is funny and I made a very poor attempt at a dark humor joke.” 

While the humor of the video seems to be up for debate, the seriousness of the situation is not. 

“Racism in any form is not tolerated at Ohio University,“ an OU spokesperson said in an email to The Post. “We are aware of the racist posts circulating on social media, and the appropriate offices on campus have reached out to students who have expressed concern as well as to the student who made the post.” 

“There is a process in place to determine if the student code of conduct has been violated, and in addition, there is an opportunity to provide education related to the importance of equality. The Division of Student Affairs and Division for Diversity and Inclusion are available to provide resources and support to anyone with concerns about this incident.”

Poston is still listed on the Ohio men’s golf roster. It isn’t clear yet what the consequences of his actions will be. 

@JL_Kirven 

jk810916@ohio.edu