V-day Horoscope

Valentine’s Day 2021 based on your zodiac sign

Correction appended.

Valentine’s Day is almost here, and it’s time to prepare for what’s in store. This year, Mercury will be in retrograde on V-Day, leaving more room than usual for things to get lost in translation. 

Mercury, the planet of communication, will be in retrograde until Feb. 21. Mercury in retrograde typically forces us to take a step back and analyze communication skills, meaning relationships might be tougher to manage during this time. Find out how this Valentine’s Day will turn out based on your zodiac sign. 

Aries (March 21-April 19)

Ruled by Mars, Aries are the passionate and confident leaders of the zodiac. You don’t put your heart on the line for just anyone, Aries, and this V-Day is no different. Your self worth is high, and you’re not going to give your passionate side to anyone you don’t see a future with. 

Be cautious of your own selfish tendencies to come out. You could be the center of attention this Valentine’s Day if you let yourself. 

Taurus (April 20- May 20)

If Taurus has found their match, then Valentine’s Day is a big deal. You’re happy to receive any gifts, love and affection that comes your way. It’s not hard for Taureans to get wrapped up in materialism. So, this V-Day, make sure the one you commit to is in it for the long haul.

Communication is your strong suit, so don’t let Mercury retrograde hinder your ability to verbally express your feelings and needs. 

Gemini (May 20-June 20)

The adaptable, bubbly and impulsive sign, Geminis crave passion and spontaneity. Unfortunately a romantic getaway is not in the cards this year, so you’ll have to improvise. If you have a significant other this year to shower with gifts and affection, plan something new to keep you both excited.

You’re adaptable and regardless of where your love life is at, you’ll find a way to make everyone in your life feel loved this Valentine’s Day. 

Cancer (June 20-July 22)

Sensitive and emotional, this Valentine’s Day could go south quickly if you let it, Cancer. You’re drawn to maturity and stability, which could lead to feeling immature in a relationship. If you allow yourself to open up and be honest with what you want, this Valentine’s Day can bring excitement and new growth to your relationship.

Mercury retrograde has you reevaluating your closest relationships right now. Don’t be afraid to show your true emotions, regardless of the outcome. 

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)

Bright and confident, you deserve to be shown off this year and know it. If things are going good in your love life, mercury retrograde will only amplify these feelings. Similarly, if things aren’t going well, then you’ll be feeling the pressure to save a broken relationship.

Drop any preconceived expectations you might have for your partner this Valentine's day, they are feeling the pressure you put on them from a mile away.

Virgo (Aug. 23- Sept. 22)

Known for being practical, Virgo is not one to plan for a big surprise or splurge on others for V-Day. Deep down though, what you really want is someone to sweep you off your feet and give you the day of your dreams. 

You want everything to go perfect, but first you need to step outside your comfort zone. Let your walls down and communicate your wants, and things could go exactly how you dreamed. Just make sure to choose your words wisely. 

Libra (Sept. 23- Oct. 22)

Lovers of romance, Libra is bound to attract love in all forms. This Valentine’s Day, your patience is going to be tested. Your overcritical tendencies need to be pushed to the side in order to balance your relationships with others. 

Spend some money on yourself and your closest friends this Valentine’s Day. Chances are you have some relationships that could use rekindling. 

Scorpio (Oct. 23- Nov. 21)

Intense and passionate, Mercury in retrograde will have the most effect on Scorpios. Take the time to treat and pamper yourself this Valentine’s Day in order to avoid becoming overwhelmed. 

Mercury retrograde will deeply enhance any deep emotions you’re feeling. The past is the past, and it’s time to put whatever’s been bothering you to rest this Valentine’s season. Create space inside yourself for new beliefs, beginnings and experiences.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)

Your playful and adventurous side is what draws people to you, but it’s your complexity that keeps them around. Your strong sense of self-worth might be telling you that chocolates and flowers are overrated, but it’s best to stick to basics when giving gifts this year. 

Mercury retrograde has you feeling bold, and your efforts to show how much you care could fall short. Be strategic with who you’re upfront with this Valentine’s Day, or you’re only setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)

You’re used to doing things yourself, Capricorn, or they won’t get done correctly. This Valentine’s Day, your perspective will shift when someone else has control of the reins. Your devotion doesn't go unnoticed, and you’ll be feeling extra appreciated this year.

This retrograde season, you could find your personal progress with relationships start to become slow or even stagnant. With a little bit of work, things will soon start to balance out for you.

Aquarius (Jan 20- Feb. 18)

You want to be vulnerable, but you’ve been burned too many times to count. Leaving your guard up a bit might not be a bad thing this year. Your friendships and relationships feel a bit wavering while Mercury is in retrograde, but it’s nothing you haven’t seen before. 

This Valentine’s Day, don’t rush to give your attention to just anyone. Take the pressure off of yourself and only give your love to those who have been there for you time and time again. 

Pisces (Feb. 19- Mar. 20)

Pisces, you probably already feel the effects of Mercury retrograde. It could feel as if something is stirring deep inside of you, causing you to reflect on a past experience or relationship. Look toward the future, and be ready to express yourself this Valentine’s Day. 

Your desire for deep connection is at an all-time high, so be careful not to force anything. Be patient, and let all the good things come to you this Valentine’s Day.  

@BussertMaddie

mb901017@ohio.edu

Correction appended: A previous version of this article contained the incorrect spelling of the word Pisces.The article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.