Ohio volleyball players celebrate a scored point during the game against Kent State on Thursday, November 7, 2019, in The Convo. Ohio won the match 3-0.

Volleyball: How to watch Ohio vs. Miami

Ohio will take on Miami in a two-game volleyball edition of the “Battle of the Bricks” on March 12 and 13. Ohio (5-5, 5-5 Mid-American Conference) will be looking to pick up another conference win against the RedHawks (6-6, 6-6 MAC). With both teams currently at .500, these two matches will be make or break their overall standings within the MAC. 

Game Information:

Opponent: Miami RedHawks

Location: Millett Hall (Oxford, Ohio)

Times: 7 p.m. (Friday), 5 p.m. (Saturday)

How to watch: ESPN+ (Friday) ESPN3 (Saturday)

Live stats: https://miamiredhawks.com/sidearmstats/wvball/summary

Series History:

When the Bobcats last played the RedHawks in 2019, Ohio lost 3-1. The stage was the same in that match, with the Bobcats sitting at .500 going in.

Since 1974, the Bobcats are 36-52 against the RedHawks. Miami owns the longest winning streak with 29 matches from 1977-1993. With the RedHawks currently on a single-game win streak, Ohio will look to keep history from repeating itself. This will be difficult, however, because the Bobcats are 2-8 in their last 10 matches against Miami. 

The Bobcats’ defense will need to be on their toes for this one. Miami currently leads the MAC in opponent digs, meaning their hitters know how to force the defense to scatter. The back row is going to be important for Ohio. 

@ashleybeachy_

ab026319@ohio.edu