Ohio faces a make-or-break match this weekend if it wants to have a shot at making the Mid-American Conference Championship Game. The Bobcats take on current MAC East leaders Bowling Green on Sunday.
Here is everything you need to know:
Game information and notes
Opponent: Bowling Green Falcons (4-1, 4-1 MAC)
- Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m.
- The Falcons are currently in first place in the conference and are on track to make the MAC championship game for a shot at their third-straight MAC title.
- Ohio has not defeated Bowling Green since 2015. The Falcons have won four of the last five meetings between the two.
- Earlier this season, the Bobcats lost 1-0 in overtime at Bowling Green in their second match of the season.
Player to Watch: Sophomore Kennedy White is Bowling Green’s leading scorer, tallying 3 goals and 1 assist so far this season. She also scored the winning goal in Ohio’s overtime loss in early March.
Notes on the Bobcats:
- Ohio is currently 2-3 following its overtime loss to Buffalo last weekend.
- The Bobcats sit at fourth in the MAC East. If they want to have a shot at the MAC championship game, Sunday’s game is a must-win.
- The Bobcats offense has improved as of late. After being shut out in their first two games, the Bobcats have scored seven goals in their last three.
Player to Watch: Freshman Shae Robertson has scored two goals for the Bobcats so far this season, and is the only player with multiple goals for Ohio.