Ohio goalie Max Karlenzig (No. 30) makes a save during the Ohio hockey game against Adrian College on Friday, Feb. 8, 2021, at Bird Arena in Athens, Ohio. The Bobcats won the game 2-1. 

Hockey: Ohio will play its last home games against Lindenwood this weekend

After a disappointing loss to Robert Morris-Pennsylvania, Ohio will have a short week to prepare for two games against Lindenwood, which might be the toughest team the Bobcats will face in an already vigorous schedule.  

Here’s what you need to know for the weekend: 

Opponent: Lindenwood (12-0) 

Game Location: Bird Arena 

Game Dates: March 12 at 7 p.m. | March 13 at 5 p.m. 

Series Information: 

The Lions are a relatively unfamiliar opponent this season compared to Liberty and Adrian, whom the Bobcats have already played six and four times, respectively. Ohio and Lindenwood have only faced each other twice this season, in a series at the beginning of the season where the Lions swept the Bobcats. 

Ohio and Lindenwood’s seasons have gone in opposite directions. While the Lions are having a perfect year so far, the Bobcats have only managed one win in the pandemic-shortened season. Still, Ohio has upset otherwise perfect teams before. Adrian’s only loss all year has been to the Bobcats.  

Pending another schedule update, the series against Lindenwood will be the last two games in Bird Arena for Ohio’s seniors. The results in 2021 have obviously not been ideal, but winning at least one last home game against one of the best teams they’ve faced would be a nice send off for the five seniors. 

@elifeaz   

ef195418@ohio.edu