Ohio goaltender Matt Server (#33) makes a save during the Bobcats’ game versus Liberty on Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021, in Bird Arena. Ohio lost the game 2-0.

Hockey: Ohio looks to carry momentum into away series at Liberty

Ohio (3-13) has won two of their past three games, and is coming off of an 11-0 blowout victory against Mercyhurst

This weekend, the Bobcats will once again take on a familiar foe in Liberty University. We’ll see if the Bobcats can keep up the momentum. 

Here’s what you need to know for this weekend’s two game series:

Opponent: Liberty University Flames (6-2)

Game Location: LaHaye Ice Center, Lynchburg, VA

Game Dates: March 19 at 7 p.m. | March 20 at 3 p.m. 

Series Information: 

The Bobcats have struggled against the Flames all season, having lost all six games between the two teams thus far. 

The last time these two teams played, the Bobcats managed to keep up with Liberty but dropped both games 4-1 and 4-3

Recently, Ohio has been on a roll. The Bobcats went 1-1 last weekend against top ranked Lindenwood, and cruised past Mercyhurst on Tuesday. On top of the recent spike in goal scoring, The Bobcats’ defense has only allowed one goal over the past three games. 

Meanwhile, Liberty, who was ranked third in the ACHA as of March 10, has not played since defeating Ohio on March 7. It will be interesting to see if the Bobcats continue playing well against a team they have struggled against so much this season. It will also be interesting to see how Liberty performs after having not played in nearly two weeks.  

@official_ZZ_

zz648318@ohio.edu