Second former aide accuses Gov. Cuomo of sexual harassment; Hopewell Health Center provides key mental health services in Athens

Today is Monday, March 1, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Charlotte Bennett, former aide of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, is allegedly accusing him of sexual harassment. The former aid came out very recently and explicitly described Cuomo’s actions that made her feel harassed. 

Bennett was formerly an executive assistant and health policy advisor in Cuomo’s administration. He soon became very comfortable with Bennett, even enough to ask her such things as: What is your sex life like? Have you had monogamous relationships? Have you ever had sex with older men? 

This took place amid the peak of COVID-19 in New York, during late last spring. This is when, on June 5th, 2020, Cuomo interrogated Bennett with all these questions, alone in his office in Albany. He even mentioned towards the end of this conversation that he is open to having relationships with women in their 20s. She left her position in November.

Bennett’s recent claims are followed along by other aides who stepped forward. Such as former aide, Lindsey Boylan, who allegedly was kissed in 2018, during a one-on-one briefing in Cuomo’s NYC office. She went into great detail with an article named, “My story of working with Governor Cuomo,” even sharing a quote that accuses Cuomo of asking to play Strip Poker.

Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York is asking for an investigation into all these allegations, starting with Boylan. Cuomo continues to firmly deny any statements that come his way. He still sticks with his line of, “I was acting as a mentor.”

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Madison Beer released her debut album, Life Support. (The Post)

Three OU students placed in the Sudara Tee Design Competition. (The Post)

Hopewell Health Center collaborated with Athens Photo Project to provide multiple types of therapy to their patients. What types of therapy do they provide?. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Keep your umbrellas up and rain boots out! With a high of 45 degrees, it will be cloudy with a chance of rain today. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Los Angeles police recovered Lady Gaga’s two French bulldogs on Friday after being stolen at gunpoint. (LA Times)

With a fragile health care system, experts warn Pope Francis against an upcoming trip to Iraq. (AP)

More than 300 people joined elected officials in New York, protesting against anti-Asian hate. (CBS)

@OliviaR22915570 

lr330519@ohio.edu