Summer dating

5 socially-distant summer date ideas

There's no romance quite like a summer romance. There is more free time for dating and developing relationships with school out for a few months. During a pandemic, summer dating looks different, so here's a list of some socially-distanced summer date ideas.

Watch a concert and picnic

Are you missing outdoor concerts this summer? Reminisce past summers by recreating an outdoor concert. Pack a picnic of your favorite foods and bring a computer. Watch live performances of your favorite songs and artists online as you eat and enjoy each other’s company. It's a great conversation starter and a way to learn more about each other's music taste and interests. 

Arts and crafts 

Pick up supplies at a local craft store and channel your inner artist by doing arts and crafts. Tie-dye is an easy outdoor craft that fits all skill levels. Painting is also a fun craft that allows room for creativity. Or do a simple, yet relaxing activity, like coloring in a coloring book.

Strawberry picking

In Ohio, strawberry picking season occurs from the end of May to early July. Grocery store strawberries cannot compare to the sweetness of freshly picked ones. Afterward, head to the kitchen and make a delicious creation. Here's a list of 65+ recipes for inspiration.   

Thrifting

Thrifting is the latest fashion trend. It's affordable and helps the environment. Go out with that special someone to your local thrift store and split up in the store. Pick out clothes for each other and keep it a secret. Then, buy them and reveal the final look. Show off your new outfits by going out to dinner. 

Hiking 

Soak up the sun and enjoy the fresh air. Hiking is an easy activity to stay socially distant and still get out of the house. Enjoying nature allows exercise and time to get to know the other person. Here's a list of all hiking sites in Ohio.

@colant_juliana

jc079419@ohio.edu