Police Blotter: Semi trailer gets stuck on private property; woman drives away without paying for gasoline

Not Your Driveway

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Kimberley Road on Monday in regard to a parking problem. The caller said an unknown vehicle was parked at the end of her driveway.

Deputies tried to contact the vehicle owner but were unable to do so. The vehicle was tagged to be towed. 

Busted Mailbox

A property damage report was taken, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The caller said he noticed damage to his mailbox when coming home from work.

There are no suspects at this time. 

Stay off my Lawn

A neighbor dispute over property lines was reported at Brister Road in Coolville, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. When deputies spoke with the caller, he said his neighbor had set up a box trap on his property.

Deputies tried to determine whose property was whose but were unable to do so. They advised the caller to contact a surveyor to determine where the property line lies. 

Nighttime Shenanigans

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious persons complaint at South Canaan Road. The caller said there were multiple people with flashlights in the church parking lot. 

When deputies arrived, they spoke with the reported people, who said they were filming a horror movie. The deacon of the church also said the group could be there.

You Have to pay for That

A woman was reported to have stolen gasoline at United Lane in Athens, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The caller said he saw the woman fill up her car with gas but not pay before driving off. 

Deputies viewed the security video and determined the woman tried to pay with her card, but the transaction did not go through. The store employee turned the gas pump on and the woman used the pump.

Deputies were unable to identify who the woman was. The case is still under investigation.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu