Prince Philip's funeral detailed; OU hockey loses in the second round of the ACHA tournament

Today is Monday, April 18, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

On April 9, Prince Philip, the late husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, died at the age of 99. On Saturday, the memorial for his death took place as he was buried at St. George's Chapel, which lies within the grounds of Windsor Castle.

The ceremony was intimate and limited to only 30 people, due to COVID-19 restrictions. Those who attended included senior members of the royal family, some relatives and Philip's close friends.

Queen Elizabeth arrived by herself and was seated alone as she said goodbye to her husband. 

Additionally, there appeared to be a family feud occurring all while the ceremony was taking place. Essentially, the funeral was the first time Prince Harry had returned to Britain since he stepped down from his royal duties. 

However, the ceremony was nonetheless said to have been beautiful as symbolism and nods to Philip’s life of service to the royal family and to Britain was present. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Hockey OU loses in the second round of the ACHA tournament. (The Post)

Read a preview regarding the annual pride graduation ceremony where LGBTQ+ graduates from all academic OHIO campuses and levels are acknowledged. (The Post)

Read about local businesses’ predictions for summer. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will not be too hot or too cold with a high of 66. Don’t expect much sunshine though -- it’ll be predominantly cloudy.  (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Person arrested in Wisconsin bar shooting that left 3 dead. (NBC

Learn why Black Americans are more prone to health issues because of racism. (CBS

Read about Olivia Rodrigo’s thoughts on making her new latest single “Deja Vu.” (Rolling Stone)

@emmadollenmayer

ed569918@ohio.edu