Members of the Student Senate listen to theater students at Ohio University speak out against the poor conditions of Kantner Hall at the Student Senate meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019. (FILE)

Student Senate: Jenny Hall-Jones shares OU's plans to open two culinary facilities for dine-in

Student Senate advisor Jenny Hall-Jones shared during Senate’s meeting Wednesday that two culinary facilities at Ohio University will start to have dine-in options within the next week. 

The two facilities, Nelson Court and the Front Room Coffeehouse, will start to ease into allowing students to dine-in while still being COVID-19 safe. 

“You should be seeing dining options at the Front Room and then also at Nelson,” Hall-Jones said. “I do want to reiterate, we still have to be really careful.”

Dining options are starting to open because students have continued to be careful, Hall-Jones said. 

“Congratulations on keeping it together and doing so well,” Hall-Jones said. “Because of that, we’re doing some dining options, and you’re going to see a lot more kind of loosening of things as long as we continue to do well.”

Additionally, Take Back the Night, an event focused on sexual assault awareness and prevention, is scheduled to take place Thursday at 6 p.m.

“Take Back the Night is a chance for survivors and others to come together to share their stories and know that they are not alone and raise awareness,” Eliza Ivan, treasurer of Senate, said. 

On Monday, Senate President Ian Carter II and LGBTQIA Affairs Commissioner Molly Davis attended an event with almost 800 people that was focused on raising awareness for Collin’s Law

“Everyone was able to hear from Collin’s mother about her memories with her son and the impact he had on his friends,” Carter said. “Hazing is a serious issue that we have in the Greek community and there is no place for that at Ohio University or Greek Life in general.”

More events were brought up during the meeting, including International Week beginning April 5 and the Wellness Day on Thursday.

A new senator for the College of Osteopathic Medicine, Jesse Kanavel, was also appointed to the Academic Affairs Commission during the meeting. 

@colvin_lydia

lc844519@ohio.edu