Lee Isaac Chung’s ‘Minari’ is nominated for Best Picture at the 93rd Academy Awards. The film also garnered five other nominations. (Photo provided via @IFI_Dub on Twitter). 

Where to watch all the Oscars Best Picture nominees

Though they were postponed a couple of months due to COVID-19, the 93rd Academy Awards are right around the corner and the race is on for the highest honor of the night. 

David Fincher’s Mank is leading the nominations with 10 nods, and for the first time in Oscars history, two women are nominated for Best Director: Chloé Zhao for Nomadland and Emerald Fennell for Promising Young Woman

But looking to the Best Picture nominees, it’s a toss-up for who will take home the golden statue. Nomadland took home both the Golden Globe and Critics Choice Award, whereas The Trial of the Chicago 7 took home Best Ensemble at the SAG Awards, but that doesn’t count out any of the other nominees. 

Despite many delays and postponements, the only silver lining of the pandemic’s effects on awards season is that many films became more accessible to watch through various streaming services. Most of the Best Picture nominees have been available to stream at one point in time while others are available for rent. 

For now, here’s how and where you can watch all of the Best Picture nominees ahead of the Oscars ceremony:

The Father

Directed by Florian Zeller, The Father follows an aging man (Anthony Hopkins) coming to terms with his failing health. During the process, he refuses care from his daughter and slowly grapples with his deteriorating mental state and circumstances. 

Other than Best Picture, the film was nominated for Best Actor (Hopkins), Best Supporting Actress (Olivia Colman), Best Adapted Screenplay (Zeller and Christopher Hampton) and Best Film Editing (Yorgos Lamprinos). The film also received a nod for Best Production Design.

Where to watch: Rent on Amazon Prime for $19.99 

Judas and the Black Messiah 

Included in HBO Max’s exclusive month-long Warner Bros. release, Judas and the Black Messiah follows the true story of William O-Neal (LaKeith Stanfield), who was offered a plea deal from the FBI, infiltrating Illinois’ Black Panther Party chapter run by Fred Hampton (Daniel Kaluuya) to gather information.

The gripping film also received 5 other nominations, including both Kaluuya and Stanfield receiving Best Supporting Actor nods, Best Original Screenplay Will Benson and Shaka King) and Best Cinematography (Sean Bobbitt). Otherwise, H.E.R. and Dernst Emile II received a nod for Best Original Song with “Fight for You.”

Where to watch: Rent for $19.99 on YouTube, Apple TV, Vudu, Google Play and Amazon Prime

Mank

From acclaimed director David Fincher, Mank details 1930s Hollywood and screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz (Gary Oldman) as he finishes Citizen Kane

Bringing in the most awards from the night, Mank also received nods for Best Director (Fincher), Best Actor (Oldman), Best Supporting Actress (Amanda Seyfried), Best Original Score (Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross), Best Sound, Best Costume Design, Best Cinematography, Best Makeup and Hairstyling and Best Production Design.

Where to watch: Stream via Netflix 

Minari

Detailing the so-called American Dream, Minari follows a Korean American family moving to an Arkansas farm. The family learns about the meaning of home as they face obstacles and challenges from their new life in America.

From director Lee Isaac Chung, the A24-produced film also garnered nominations for Best Director, Best Actor (Steven Yeun), Best Supporting Actress (Youn Yuh-jung), Best Original Screenplay (Chung) and Best Original Score (Emile Mosseri). 

Nomadland

Following a woman embarking on a journey across the American West, Nomadland finds Fern (Frances McDormand) living out the life of a modern-day nomad as she finds life outside of the conventional after losing everything in the Great Recession. 

Nomadland racked in some other nominations with Best Director (Chloé Zhao), Best Actress (McDormand), Best Adapted Screenplay (Zhao), Best Cinematography (Joshua James Richards) and Best Film Editing (Zhao). 

Where to watch: Stream on Hulu 

Promising Young Woman

A tale of vengeance, Promising Young Woman follows Cassie (Carey Mulligan), a medical school dropout traumatized by something in her past, enacting revenge against men who take advantage of drunk women. 

The feature film debut from Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman also garnered nods for Best Director (Fennell), Best Actress (Mulligan), Best Original Screenplay (Fennell) and Best Film Editing (Frederic Thoraval).

Where to watch: Rent for $5.99 on YouTube, Apple TV, Vudu, Google Play and Amazon Prime

Sound of Metal

A musician's worst nightmare, Sound of Metal follows Ruben (Riz Ahmed), a heavy-metal drummer, who begins to lose his hearing. The film follows Ruben as he goes through the stages of grief and learns to accept his newfound hearing loss. 

The harrowing film from Darius Marder received five other nominations, including Best Actor (Ahmed), Best Supporting Actor (Paul Raci), Best Original Screenplay (Marder and Abraham Marder), Best Sound and Best Film Editing. 

Where to watch: Stream via Amazon Prime

The Trial of the Chicago 7 

Based on the infamous true story, The Trial of the Chicago 7 follows the federal government’s trial against seven defendants after the protests at the 1968 Democratic National Convention.

From Aaron Sorkin, the film recently won big at the SAG Awards and received five other nominations at the Oscars, including Best Supporting Actor (Sacha Baron Cohen), Best Original Screenplay (Sorkin), Best Original Song (Daniel Pemberton for “Hear My Voice”), Best Cinematography (Phedon Papamichael) and Best Film Editing (Alan Baumgarten).

Where to watch: Stream via Netflix 

The 93rd Academy Awards will air April 25 at 8 p.m. on ABC. 

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu