Aizayah Hills sings about raw emotions about the world on his upcoming song “Life” (Photo provided via @distrokid)

Aizayah Hills’ upcoming single, 'Life,' speaks on pressures young creatives face

Get ready for Aizayah Hills’ June 6 release of “Life,” a track about the pressures he feels as a young creative in the music industry.

“Life,” produced by InBloom, is about the pressures of living up to hype while having the capacity to develop as an individual. Due to the pressures of the world and its boundless size, Aizayah feels incapable of fully succeeding because he is just one person in an immense world.

Hills sings about the raw emotions he feels as a young artist in today’s society: “Yeah, I’m tryna make it into the world; I’m feeling naked / I’m tryna lift this s---, but I’m scared I’ll let people down.”

Hills wants to be able to connect with fans through live concerts and gain exposure, but he feels naked because he has to live his presence online due to the state of the world today. He wants to lift the expectations of his fans, family and friends, but the pressure is heavy, and he worries he will disappoint those around him.

At just 19 years old and only two years of making music, the Hawaii native has over 1 million streams across his catalogue of streaming services. Sadly, with the setbacks of COVID-19, Hills has not yet had the opportunity to perform at any shows yet. As the world is slowly opening up, Hills’ career could take off once he starts performing live.

Hills’ favorite instrument is the ukulele, as you can clearly tell while listening to his discography. One of his signature sounds is the use of the ukulele within modern emo music, establishing his own “beach emo” genre. He uses his music as an outlet for the emotions he faces as a young artist with big dreams.

“There is a lot of pressure on young creatives,” Hills said. “I’m lucky to be in a position where I can express this stress and my anxieties through my music.”

The lyrics of “Life” may be very personal and from-the-heart, but Hills knows that there are people out there who share similar experiences and will enjoy listening to something they relate to on an emotional level. People within the 18-24 age range relate to the constant worry of uncertainty as well as the fear of personal and professional failure. When someone watches people around the same age succeeding and reaching their dreams, the pressures are at an all-time high. Everything happens for a reason, though, and some dreams come later for some people than they do for others.

“I wanted to make something that everyone can scream in the car,” Hills said. “I feel like the emotions are very authentic, so I hope people can find something to relate to.”

You can pre-save the single here.

@hannahnoelburk

hb239417@ohio.edu