Ohio running back O'Shaan Allison (#0) avoids a tackle during Ohio’s game against Bowling Green on Saturday, Nov. 28, 2020, in Peden Stadium.

Football: Kickoff times and broadcasting schedule announced for majority of 2021 season

The Mid-American Conference released kickoff times and broadcast slots for nine of Ohio’s 12 game schedule Thursday afternoon. 

Ohio’s season opens in prime time. It will face Syracuse on Sept. 4 at 7 p.m. at Peden Stadium, and the game will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network. Its second home game against Duquesne on Sept. 11 is slated for 2 p.m. and is set to be aired on ESPN3.

The Bobcats will be in the national spotlight for the second time this season when they travel to Louisiana on Sept. 16. The Thursday night game will air on ESPN and is slated for an 8 p.m. kickoff.

The Bobcats will travel to Akron on Oct. 2 for a 3:30 p.m. kickoff, and their home game against Central Michigan on Oct. 9 will also begin at 3:30 p.m.. 

The “Battle of the Bricks,“ Ohio’s rivalry game against Miami on Nov. 2, will start at 7 or 7:30 p.m. and will be aired on either EPSN2, ESPNU or CBS Sports Network. The Bobcats’ game at Eastern Michigan on Nov. 9 is expected to have a 7 or 8 p.m. start time, and will be broadcasted on either EPSN2, ESPNU or CBS Sports Network.

The Bobcats’ final home game of the season against Toledo kicks off on Nov. 16 at either 7:30 or 8 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN2, ESPNU or ESPN+. Their final regular season game at Bowling Green on Nov. 26 will air on ESPNU or CBS Sports Network and kicks off at noon.

Kickoff times have yet to be announced for Ohio’s games against Northwestern, Buffalo and Kent State.

@thejackgleckler

jg011517@ohio.edu