Cutler Hall on Ohio University's campus in Athens, Ohio. (FILE)

OU names Mateo Remsburg as the next assistant vice president for enrollment and director of undergraduate admissions

Ohio University announced Friday that Mateo Remsburg will be the next assistant vice president for enrollment and director of undergraduate admissions. 

Since 2002, Remsburg has worked at the University of Utah. His most recent role, which he served in since 2019, was director of recruitment in the university’s admissions office, according to a university news release. 

The assistant vice president for enrollment position was vacated by Candace Boeninger, OU’s vice president for strategic enrollment management, in September 2019, and OU began a national, comprehensive search to fill the position in March 2021. According to the release, “Remsburg was selected with input from the University community and a 14-member search committee of faculty, staff, and students.”

In this position at OU, Remsburg will oversee several processes within undergraduate admissions, including supporting admissions policies and recruitment strategies for students, according to the release. 

Between 2015 and 2020, Remsburg worked to increase applications to the University of Utah and the number of admitted and enrolled students. Additionally, the University of Utah saw their most diverse and largest first-year class size in the institution's history last fall. 

In recent years, OU’s enrollment numbers have been declining, but outgoing OU President Duane Nellis said early enrollment numbers for the incoming class of 2025 are looking strong, according to a previous Post report. 

Remsburg’s first day in office is July 26 as he will begin his transition remotely. 

“I am looking forward to moving to Athens. There is a special vibe when the community and university are so closely intertwined,” Remsburg said. “I am excited about becoming a part of the Athens and Ohio University community.”

@mollywmarie

mw542219@ohio.edu 

Molly Wilson

News Editor