Provided by Ohio University

Katie Hartman named associate provost for faculty development

Ohio University Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs announced Tuesday that Katie Hartman will be the associate provost for faculty development starting July 16. 

Currently, Hartman is an associate dean in the College of Business and has been with the university’s College of Business since 2012, according to a university news release. Before serving as an associate dean, Hartman was the chair of the department of marketing and recently served as the director of undergraduate programs and assessment. 

Hartman also served as a faculty senator for six years and was on the Educational Policies and Student Affairs committee as secretary and chair. 

In her new position within the provost office, Hartman will be tasked with supporting faculty development. Additionally, Hartman will head the implementation and design of comprehensive plans for instructional and tenured faculty members, strengthen orientation programs for new faculty and implement workshops that will support the careers of university faculty, according to the release. 

“I am always impressed by exceptional dedication and determination of our faculty community,” Hartman said in the release. “My goal is to collaborate with others to identify ways that we can better support all OHIO faculty.”

@mollywmarie  

mw542219@ohio.edu

Molly Wilson

News Editor