Ohio promoted quarterbacks coach Scott Isphording to offensive coordinator on Aug. 13, 2021.

Football: Scott Isphording and Allen Rudolph promoted to offensive coordinator positions

Ohio announced Friday afternoon that quarterbacks coach Scott Isphording and offensive line coach Allen Rudolph have been promoted to offensive coordinator and co-offensive coordinator, respectively. 

Isphording has been Ohio’s quarterbacks coach since 2014, and also served as Ohio’s tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator in 2009 before serving as the quarterbacks coach at Toledo for four seasons. 

Rudolph has been the Bobcats’ offensive line coach since 2019 and has been coaching since 1995. His previous stint before Ohio was serving as Arkansas State’s offensive line coach from 2016-18.

The offensive coordinator position had been vacant after former coordinator Albin was promoted to head coach in mid-July. 

Isphording and Rudolph have both been vital parts to Ohio’s success on offense the past few seasons. The Bobcats’ offense has ranked in the top 25 nationwide every season since 2017, thanks to developed talents such as former quarterback Nathan Rourke and former lineman Austen Pleasants. Both Isphording and Rudolph have also worked on the offense with Albin for their entire tenure at Ohio. 

In 2020, the Bobcats averaged 216.7 rushing yards per game and 146 passing yards. A steady offensive line made things easier for running back De’Montre Tuggle, who rushed for 403 yards. Quarterbacks Kurtis Rourke and Armani Rogers both saw their first seasons with significant playing time in 2020, and that development may continue in the fall, due in no small part to Isphording’s tenure as quarterbacks coach.

@elifeaz   

ef195418@ohio.edu