Illustration by Alexander Graham | For The Post

Best Study Spots

August 25, 2021

5 best study spots at OU

By Juliana Colant | For The Post

F inding motivation to hit the books can be a struggle, especially after sitting in a classroom or on an online class. Get in the academic groove by switching up your environment. Ohio University has lots of different places to offer. Whether you prefer peace and quiet or a nice view, OU has the study spot for you. Need some inspiration? Check out these five study spots:

College Green

College green is the perfect place to live out the cliche college movie studying scene. This picturesque heart of campus provides beautiful studying scenery. The spot is best enjoyed in the fall or spring. It is also great for group studying, gathering on blankets or sitting on the benches. Also, College Green is a good mid-volume area. The people passing creates a light noise level but the vast area prevents it from being distractingly loud.

Alden Library

Alden Library has seven floors worth of study spot options to offer. Each floor is associated with a designated noise level to accommodate what works best for each student. Seating options range from desks, stuffed egg-like chairs and coffee tables to high top tables. Plus, Alden offers many resources that may be of use when studying, such as printers, books and public computers.

Donkey Coffee and Espresso

Athens is home to many local coffee shops. Donkey Coffee is 4,000 square feet of straight-up good vibes. They offer free WiFi and plenty of couches and tables to sit at and work. Donkey has two floors, and the second floor has a balcony where students can sit and study while enjoying a nice view of uptown.

Emeriti Park

Who says studying can’t be paired with a nice view? Emeriti Park is a serene, peaceful four-acre park located along South Green Drive. It provides a quiet spot great for focusing and enjoying the outdoors. The gazebo is the perfect spot for sitting in a hammock with your laptop or bringing a blanket for sitting on the grass. It’s also the perfect reading destination for all of the bookworms out there.

Baker Center

Baker Center is another popular hub at OU, making it a fitting space for those who need some noise and a moving environment to study. Inside, each floor has stuffed chairs and coffee tables. Outside, Baker has food options at your fingertips. Frontroom Coffee House is located at the main entrance, providing easy access for caffeine and pastries while studying. West 82 is on the lower level offering lunch and snacks when in need of a break and some fast-fuel energy.

AUTHOR: Juliana Colant
EDITOR: Emma Dollenmayer
COPY EDITOR: Ashley Beach
ILLUSTRATION: Alexander Graham
WEB DEVELOPMENT: Brianna Lender