Love on Tour, Styles’ second solo concert, began on Sept. 4 in Las Vegas, Nevada and will run for 39 announced dates. (Photo provided by Anthony Pham via Getty Images).  

Harry Styles’ Love On Tour: new Coachella of concert fashion?

After more than a year without concerts due to the pandemic, Harry Styles is back and better than ever with Love On Tour.

Love on Tour was originally planned for 2020 after the drop of Styles’ second album, Fine Line. However, Styles was only able to perform a few shows before COVID-19 took over the world.

Many Harry Styles fans had time to dive into the fandom throughout the pandemic, especially on TikTok.

Thousands of fans knitted replicas of a JW Anderson cardigan Styles wore when he performed on The Today Show. The cardigan’s success on TikTok led the company to release the color block pattern to make it easier for fans to recreate the sweater at home.

While the tour dates were canceled and rescheduled, fans were left wondering if they would ever get to see Styles perform live in person. 

With all of the time spent waiting to see if the tour was ever going to happen, fans turned back to their creative sides again, as they did with the JW Anderson cardigan.

Love On Tour outfits were becoming a bigger deal on social media platforms such as TikTok, which made many fans feel pressured to put together something fabulous.

With more time to plan their concert outfits, Styles’ fans did not disappoint.

Fans started coming up with bold outfits inspired by Styles’ songs, inside jokes from within the fandom and Styles’ own fashion sense.

Love on Tour has been full of different colored chunky heel boots, feather boas and bright blazers. 

Tatum Oliver, a Harry Styles fan and fashion enthusiast, found out last minute she had scored tickets to Love On Tour in Washington D.C. This left little time to put together the perfect concert look.

“Literally it was an equal priority to my classwork,” Oliver said. 

Just in time, Oliver selected a look inspired by Styles’ “Fine Line era” with blue dress pants, a white tee, black suspenders, heeled boots and chunky rings.

Other music events such as Coachella have become known for extravagant looks worn by both regular concert-goers and celebrities alike. 

Coachella fashion has developed its own sense of style with a mix of bohemia, western, neon colors and fringe galore, similar to what Love on Tour is now developing, just with differing signature looks. 

Whether or not Harry Styles’ fans have just unlocked the future of concert fashion, it’s clear these looks are here to stay for the rest of the tour.

@carolinekam12

ck603020@ohio.edu