The Wendy Williams Show will return Oct. 4, 2021.(Photo provided via @PageSix on Twitter)

Wendy Williams moments every OU student can relate to

If you’re into daytime reality television or find yourself in occasional TikTok spirals, you know exactly who Wendy Williams is.

She’s bold, outspoken and gives too much of her opinion at times. Nonetheless, her viewers appreciate her honesty and meme-worthy input. As I thought about how iconic she is as a talk show host, I realized how relatable Williams truly is as a person. 

Even though Wendy Williams is a celebrity, she possesses the ability to captivate an audience, especially when she goes in on her hot takes. As someone I find solace in, I figured Ohio University students could as well. These key moments in her career are situations that any Bobcat can say they’ve experienced! Ahead of the talk show's return on Oct. 4, here are five Wendy Williams moments every OU student can relate to: 

Wendy passing out during the Halloween episode

Honestly, this moment was definitely staged, but this is exactly how most of us college students feel after a long day of running from class to class or having multiple exams in one day. We’re tired, exhausted and just done with the idea of writing another paper or taking notes on some chapter in a textbook that you’ll never remember again. 

Williams passing out symbolizes the lack of sleep and motivation we all feel by the end of the school week and who could blame us? 

Wendy reacting to the very random, awkward audience member 

First of all, if you’ve never seen this iconic moment from the Wendy Williams show, you’ve been living under a rock. But more importantly, this scene has probably played out for any OU student at one point or another when their professor makes a weird joke or you see that one kid in Nelson Dining Hall carrying a plate stacked high with just pizza. 

The look you give to your friend sitting across the room from you says it all. The randomness of this moment is something every college student can relate to, especially as you’re walking around campus or sitting in class. For some reason, weird things just seem to happen here at the spur of the moment. 

Wendy Williams dancing

This is every OU student hitting downtown Athens or Mill Street at the start of the weekend, ready to get decked in a mosh pit or drown in their own sweat. 

OU students love to have a good time and dancing is an essential part of the house parties and bar scene. Now, Williams does have some interesting moves, not ones that are necessarily good, but that’s literally every college student here. She’s confident at least, so there’s that! 

Wendy spilling coffee all over herself

Most of us can relate to days where nothing goes right for us. Maybe you do end up spilling coffee all over you like Williams did during one of her episodes. Or, you sleep past your alarm, you forget your class notes in the dorm or you arrive at Starbucks only to see that there’s a huge line out the door. 

We all have those days, probably more than once a week if we’re being honest, and that’s just part of the college experience. Be like Wendy: freak out a little bit and then just accept that what happens, happens. 

Of course, Wendy dabbing at her tears with Q-tips

Sometimes, we all just need a good cry and to wallow in our sorrows. College is a time where mental and emotional breakdowns can be an everyday occurrence. Stress is always high, especially as classes continue to get harder and life just becomes all the more demanding. College is hard, period. 

Sometimes, the world feels like it’s swallowing you whole and maybe that’s the reason why we’re sobbing on the 4th floor of Alden Library. However, this stress is normal and it’s OK to feel like this! Just remember that Wendy also cries too, even if she does make $55,000 an episode. 

@grace_koe3

gk011320@ohio.edu