6 fall makeup looks to try

If you haven’t heard it yet, it’s fall people. The leaves are changing colors, the air is getting colder and the trends are changing for the season. Finding new products can be tricky and trying new products can be a little intimidating. However, there are some great beauty products out there right now many swear by, so you won’t have to go through the trial and error process. 

This fall is the time to have fun with makeup and try out new looks. Whether that means you trade your pink lip color for a deeper mauve, or add a soft wing to your routine, this is your guide to transition your summer look into your signature fall look. 

Keep the glow

TikTok started the wave of using cream products to create a healthy and natural glow on the face. This fall, continue using your cream products. Maybe even try out the foundation influencer Brianna Lapaglia, also known as “Brianna Chickenfry” swears by, which is featured in the TikTok below. It’s a super cheap and lightweight foundation that will give you buildable coverage and the healthy glow we all want. Run to your nearest Target or Ulta, though, because this product is selling out by the day. 

Having an even and natural base allows for the fun to come in through the colors on your eyes, cheeks and lips. The Rare Beauty cream blushes are the perfect product to add life back into your face. The shade “love” is a beautiful terracotta color for fall. If you don’t want to spend $20 on blush (even though the Rare Beauty ones are amazing), there are always cheaper alternatives. The Maybelline Cheek Heat cream blushes are only $8 and last all day. They come in six beautiful shades, so you will definitely be able to find one you love.

@mikaylanogueira

Okay, worst foundation on the market? ##makeup ##beauty ##ChimeHasYourBack @briannachickenfry

♬ original sound - Mikayla Nogueira

Pop of orange

A simple, yet effective way to create a fall-inspired makeup look is to add some color to the eye. Orange is a color many associate with autumn, so buff out your favorite shade of orange on your eyelid and make sure to blend it into your crease. This Urban Decay single eyeshadow in the shade “Wild One” is the perfect matte burnt orange to achieve this look. You can also probably find a similar shade in an eyeshadow palette you already own.

Proceed with your regular makeup routine, but try to keep the rest of the face natural. This will keep the focus on your eyes, which are the spotlight of this look. Matching the color on your eyes and cheeks is really in right now, and it will help the whole look to come together. If you don’t have a blush that matches your eyeshadow, just use your eyeshadow as blush-- one of the easiest and most convenient makeup hacks. Lastly, pop on some chapstick or a gloss, and you’re done. 

Soft wings

Winged eyeliner has definitely been a trend for some time now. Although bold wings are literally an art form and a great way to accentuate your eyes, soft wings are starting to become more popular. The soft wing look makes your eyes more flirty and adds a little something to your everyday makeup with minimal effort.

All you need is a brown shadow, both eyeshadow and bronzer work, and an angled brush. This $4 angled eyeliner brush from Target is perfect. The TikTok featured below shows how easy it is to achieve this look. You don’t have to be precise with it, either. Loading on some mascara hides any mistakes or uneven wings and completes the look. 

Red lip

Oh, the classic red lip. You can never go wrong with this timeless look. It’s easy to do, but looks like it took hours to complete. This trend will never die and looks amazing during any season, but looks especially good in the colder months. 

Because we want to keep the focus on the lips, keep a glowy base and natural eyes. Buff some of your bronzer or brown eyeshadow onto your lids and into your crease, and slick some mascara onto your lashes. You can even bring the brown eye color down and blend it into your bottom lash line. This will make your look more sultry for a night out. 

As for the lips, take your go-to red lipstick and smooth it all over your lips. Using a lip liner helps to make sure you don’t go outside of the lines, but if you don’t have a lip liner you can always clean up with concealer. If you need a new red lip product, try Sephora’s liquid lipstick in the shade “Cherry Moon”. This product lasts all day without drying out your lips, and it comes in 90 shades. Yep, that’s right-- 90. Even if you’re not feeling the red lips one day, you have 89 other options to find the perfect lip color. 

Wispy lashes

If you’ve gotten this far and pops of color aren’t your thing or just simply aren’t enough, add some wispy lashes to your routine. Strip lashes can be intimidating at first, but they are easy to master and elevate your look to a whole new level. Practice really does make perfect when it comes to applying lashes, but there are many tutorials and hacks out there, like the TikTok featured below. It shows a step-by-step tutorial of how to apply strip lashes, with a few extra hacks to make sure they stay put and look natural.

The necessary tools for applying lashes are lash glue, tweezers and an eyelash curler. You can cut the lashes to fit your eyes better and top with mascara when you are done. The Duo lash glue with vitamins is a latex-free formula that has a brush applicator and so many great reviews. All other tools can be found in your own makeup bag or at your nearest Target, Ulta or any other beauty supply store. 

Now, the lashes. The most important part. There are so many beautiful lashes on the market, but the brand Ardell definitely takes the cake. Ardell offers various different affordable styles and can be found at your local drugstore. The Ardell wispies are a fan favorite, and will give you that flirty, fanned out cateye. If you want a more natural look, these lashes also look great cut in half and glued to just the ends of your lash line, finished off with mascara of course. 

Soap brows with a surprise

The feathery laminated brows have been extremely popular lately and will continue to be in the coming seasons. To achieve the clean and snatched soap brow look, you need clear soap and a spoolie. Brow pencils and concealer to clean up are optional. Amazon even carries this soap brow kit for $5, which includes both the styling soap and spoolie.

It’s actually insane how easy it is to do these brows. This TikTok shows a step-by-step tutorial of the process of slicking your brows down and making them look their best. And if you do want to fill in your brows a bit, this Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pen is the best of the best. It mimics the look of natural hairs and comes in nine shades, so you’ll definitely be able to find the right color for you 

Now, for the surprise. It’s time to whip out your glitter. Whether you want to try out the new disco brow trend on a day you’re bored or on Halloween, this is a subtle way to add some fun to your look. Take any color glitter product and gently press it into your brows with your finger or an angled brush. Looking this fresh only takes a few minutes out of your time.

Well, there you have it. A few ideas to transition your current makeup look for the fall season that only takes a few minutes and a couple bucks. Creating these looks really just involves darker colors and new techniques which will upgrade your current look. Even though these TikTok and Instagram models look like they take hours to get ready, it really only takes them 20 minutes, so use their beauty secrets to your advantage. 

@gracebrezine  

gb194519@ohio.edu