5 ways to spice up your Instagram this fall

Every day, the season progresses, indicating that autumn has fallen upon us. With a visible change in scenery and a drop in temperature, the celebration of fall can begin. What better way to enjoy the nice weather than to go outside and take pictures for Instagram? 

Fall is a perfect opportunity to get some great shots that are sure to be beautiful and breathtaking. Here are five ways to spice up your Instagram this fall:

Choose specific colors to create a theme

Whether it be warm tones or neutrals, a color-cohesive theme always looks pleasing to the eye. Your profile will look consistent when the content seems to have something in common to tie it all together. Try to stay within a three-hue palette to keep things uniform, and play around with incorporating various shades into your pictures.

We recommend: https://www.instagram.com/fallaestheticsss/

Play with grid layouts

Another way to make a profile feed flow and look balanced is to play around with layout. Borders are a simple way to achieve a coordinated appearance and can look sophisticated as well. If you want to put in more effort, try out different patterns such as checkerboard or a vertical fade.

Use Fall-themed captions

Your pictures don’t have to be the only thing that’s fall themed. Playing around with your captions can be a cute and witty addition to bring your whole post together. Some suggestions: “I’m fall-ing for you,” “Pumpkin kisses and harvest wishes,” “Sweater weather is better together,” “Falling for Fall,” “Happy Fall, ya’ll” and “ Light breeze and colorful leaves.”

Utilize the change in season

One of the best things about fall is the change in season. Use that to your advantage and get out in nature. You can take pictures in leaf piles, of the trees themselves or even an autumn picnic. To match, wearing the clothes in the same tone as the leaves adds a little extra flair.

Visit some spooky location

Ohio University is recognized as one of the most haunted places in the country, so make use of the eerie locations around campus if you’re feeling brave enough. The old Athens Mental Asylum, now known as The Ridges, is a good spot for brick and a rustic look. You could also take a tour of Athens’ cemeteries that supposedly make up a pentagram when looked at on a map.

@mimi_calhoun

mc300120@ohio.edu