Fresh Finds: Adele releases a single from upcoming album; Cheat Codes team up with Travis Barker for a rock album

Correction appended.

Legend has it, a good playlist can make a not-so-great week all the better. Before diving into the stress of Monday, give your ears something to keep them peaceful throughout the long days.

If your playlists are due for some new songs, here’s some fresh tracks to help you power through the week. 

While everyone has their favorite genre of music, we’ve made a playlist that will appeal to any mood or preference. Below are new songs that are perfect for walking to class, working out at the gym, sitting around in your dorm or cranking out those last-minute papers. Here are seven new songs to get you through the week:

“Guerrilla” by Remi Wolf

It's all about having a good time for artist Remi Wolf, best described as making “ADHD love songs” in an interview with i-D Magazine. In the fourth song of her debut album Juno, Wolf weaves bisexuality and party culture with the support of an exciting synth and percussion to the likes of Janelle Monae's “Make Me feel.”

Remi Wolf is not afraid to show she's openly bisexual. The division of lyrics in Guerrilla shows appreciation to men with “They bring me under East Side guys they bring the thunder" and appreciation to women with "She's the best. Shake it too hard. She just might lose it." 

“Call U Tomorrow” by Montell Fish

Montell Fish is heartbroken from a recent breakup in "Call U Tomorrow." Best known for his songs "talk 2 me" and "On my Way," Montell Fish writes about "themes of humility and love embracing unique and original sounding music," he stated in an interview with genius news.

However, in "Call U Tomorrow" with somber guitar riffs, you know instantly this can be linked to a breakup or a song of regret. The lyrics "This is the death of us I'm crying out" really sink in to remind us breakups happen and you mean something.

“The Weekend” by 88rising, BIBI

88rising teams up with Korean singer BIBI for a piece on rejection from a temporary partner.

At first, this song is very upbeat with mellow chords. The groovy bassline sets the stage for steady lyrics: “Why, why, why / Why aren’t you into me?” It’s a song of shock that he’s not into her and the repercussions of that rejection. 

“Missin U” by Cheat Codes, Travis Barker

The pleasantly surprising pairing of Cheat Codes and Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker goes on a trip of nostalgia on “Missin U.” Cheat Codes are usually known for their trap-like beats and electric synth drops.

However, in “Missin U,“  Travis Barker delivers the ‘90s grunge vibe with modern twists. The guitar and bass riffs are reminiscent of “All Apologies” by Nirvana. The steady drum beat and the use of snares on this track are a needed change of pace on the album.

”Easy On Me” by Adele

“Go easy on me / It’s been awhile” is the Adele’s message on her new single “Easy On Me.” This single marks Adele's return after a six-year hiatus from releasing music. Boy, did she make a comeback. 

In an interview with Genius, she talks about how the song “sees the singer speak on the fraught of her childhood as she was destined to be famous from a young age.”

“Here We Go” by Mac Miller

“Here We Go” is the second song on Mac Miller's most anticipated album Faces, which was released posthumously.

Mac takes this to a whole other level, as he raps about his success in the rap industry, being a unique rapper without features or help from others and making it to the gates of his new lifestyle.

Missing Piece by Vance Joy, Sofi Tukker

Sofi Tukker, an American-German musical duo best known for their songs “Drinkee” and “Best Friend,” brings an electronic remix with Vance Joy on “Missing Piece.” The original track was co-written by Joy and Joel Little.

With the remix, Sofi Tukker wasn’t scared to add new grooves and pieces to the song. Adding shakers and changing the guitar to a ukulele is reminiscent of Joy’s classic song “Saturday Sun.” 

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu

Correction: A previous version of this article stated the wrong original writers of “Missing Piece” as well as stated the wrong spelling of the song. This article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.