6 last-minute Halloween costumes for 2021

POV: you’re freaking out because Halloween is next weekend, and you still don’t have a costume. October went by in a flash and, now, you have to scramble and put something together in a week. Don’t worry, though. Last-minute costumes can be found in yours or a friend’s closet and can even be put together on Hallow’s Eve.

Whether you just forgot about Halloween this year or you’re a procrastinator like a lot of us, you can still whip up a spooky ensemble that will look amazing. Here are six costumes that will save you some time and won’t break the bank:

Squid Game players

Squid Game is a show on Netflix that has become a phenomenon in the last month, and the characters’ daily wear actually looks pretty comfortable. Although the show is many people’s worst nightmare, it’s a great costume if you’re in a pinch. All you will need is a pair of green sweatpants and a green sweatshirt. If you don’t have a green sweatshirt, you can wear a gray T-shirt similar to what the characters wear on the show. 

You can find these items at the bottom of yours or a friend’s wardrobe, or you can make a run to your nearest thrift store or Walmart. This costume is great to wear solo or with a group of friends. Remember: it doesn’t have to be perfect. Anyone who hasn’t been living under a rock lately will know who you are on Halloween night. 

Britney Spears, circa 1999

In honor of her freedom from her conservatorship, dress in one of Britney’s most iconic looks from her “...Baby One More Time” music video. Grab your favorite black miniskirt and a white button-up tied and cropped however high or low you feel comfortable with. 

Pair this look with any type of gray cardigan or jacket. Lastly, throw on a pair of black sneakers and knee-high black socks. Don’t forget to put your hair into braided pigtails, but don’t fret if you can’t find any pink, fluffy hair clips. 

Cam and Mitch from Modern Family

One of the most iconic and hilarious couples on television, Cam and Mitch from Modern Family are definitely a fan favorite and easy to dress up as. For Cam, wear any patterned button down and a pair of jeans. You can also wear black dress shoes or just a pair of sneakers. 

For Mitch, throw on either a button down or polo and some khakis. White sneakers work great for this part of the costume. 

Sleepy vampire

Zoe Kravitz really stepped out the year she wore this costume. This is a creative yet easy approach to the original vampire costume. All you need is a pair of boxers, white shirt, robe and slippers. As for accessories, throw your hair up in a towel or shower cap, and wear some sunglasses to block out any light (remember, vampires are super sensitive to daylight). 

If you want, you can also carry around your favorite mug and a newspaper like Kravitz. Lastly, take some fake blood or red lipstick, and draw some blood drippings down the corners of your mouth and on your neck and shirt. A perfect touch would be some fake fangs, but that’s completely optional. 

Hannah and Miley from Hannah Montana 

Hannah and Miley are an iconic duo yet aren’t a very popular Halloween costume. For Hannah, wear any bright or sparkly dress, and pop on some statement jewelry. You can wear white boots or any white shoes. 

As for Miley, you can wear whatever sundress you have in your closet. A cowgirl hat and cowgirl boots complete the look, so if you don’t have these items yourself, ask a friend or run to your nearest thrift store. 

@aj..davis

Hannah and Miley type beat

♬ original sound - Tristen

Simplified cat

If you’ve gotten this far and none of these costumes have caught your eye or you’re just not in the mood to go all out this year, try out Hailey Bieber’s version of a cat. Throw on a pair of jeans and a crew neck or whatever you feel most comfortable in. Finalize this costume with a pair of cat ears or any costume ears you can find. It’s a simple yet festive way to dress up for Halloween. 

@gracebrezine

gb194519@ohio.edu