Here's why 'Retrograde shade' isn’t all that bad

The past month or so, there has been a lot of talk and buzz about being stuck in a funk. Maybe you are unable to finish a big project or application that’s been looming over you, or you simply can’t shake your feelings for that special someone, and as a result, communication between you two has been awfully strenuous. 

There’s no need to wonder why these emotions and situations have been arising, as it can all be accredited to the third and final Mercury Retrograde of the year, which lasted from Sept. 27 to Oct. 18. 

However, don’t expect sunshine and rainbows to coat your life over the next week just yet, as we are still experiencing the ramifications of this period, and are currently in retrograde shade. So, what does this mean? 

Retrograde shade is a short time within the calendar that lasts until Nov. 2 where some wild things may be happening to you, or maybe life has simply felt like a fever dream – whatever it may be, this is normal and will not last forever. The drama, the tea and rocky romantic antics may prevail during the next few days, but don’t let it consume you or force you to make any rash decisions, as this time of oddity is sure to only stick around temporarily. 

Instead, focus on healing and making amends with yourself and others you may have had conflict with during such an unbalanced time. Reflecting on what went wrong over the past few weeks and reevaluating how you could change the perception of certain situations is a better way to prioritize your energy, and simultaneously allows you to avoid the drama and gossip that may be surrounding you or someone close to you. 

Not everything encircling Mercury Retrograde and retrograde shade is all bad, though. The confusion, lack of energy and motivation is sure to dissipate, as following a retrograde, clarity is always gained. Considering we are still in Libra season, and Libra rules the mind, you can expect this newfound sense of clarity to be forceful. 

The best way to take advantage of the post-retrograde shadow is to be honest regarding your feelings and emotions for people you care about, and to channel inner peace and proceed the week with caution as you have almost survived the final retrograde of 2021. 

An adequate way to embody the post-shadow is to practice manifestation, journal, meditate and refuse to succumb to any anxious and intrusive thoughts potentially leading you in the wrong direction, romantically, professionally or personally. 

Today, Oct. 26, Venus in Sagittarius square Neptune in Pisces, meaning “polarity could have us believing exaggerations instead of actual facts, especially in romance,” according to Astrology.com. Other dates to look out for include Oct. 30, where Mars will then enter Scorpio, and the Sun will leave. With the Sun currently in Scorpio, over the next week, you can expect “the overall energy will be mysterious, powerful and emotional. It's a good time for inner healing and getting closure on past hurts.” 

Come Oct. 30, though, “actions are secretive, cunning and manipulative as we ambitious strive towards our deepest desires.” Ultimately, be aware of the pure and mal-intentioned, and make sure your intentions are driven by genuity as well. Attempting to go after what you want in a wicked fashion will only come back to bite you in the end. Be extra aware of these traits come Halloween, so you don’t find yourself in a truly “spooky” situation. 

Though many of these signs may appear unsettling at first, know during the shadow period, you are only making progress and moving forward into brighter days and a healthier mindset, versus backwards and in circles like you may have been doing in retrograde. The stars are working in your favor, as everything is about to make sense: the job you have been working toward, the love interest you have been pursuing. 

Soon enough, Mercury in Retrograde will be a distant memory of living and learning, and we can move forward with clear heads and visions. Nonetheless, you can expect a big life change to occur in one form or another.  It will come when you least expect it, and change your life indefinitely. 

@emmadollenmayer 

ed569918@ohio.edu