Ohio defender Paige Knorr kicks the ball during the Ohio versus Northern Kentucky match at Chessa Field on Thursday, Sep. 9, 2021. Ohio lost 1-0.

Soccer: Ohio travels to face Mid-American Conference opponent Ball State on Thursday

Ohio (9-3-1, 5-0-1 Mid-American Conference) travels to Ball State on Thursday with the hopes of improving its win streak to four matches and continuing its undefeated record in the MAC. 

Here’s what you need to know:

Match Information and Notes

Opponent: Ball State (4-7-1, 2-3-1 MAC)

Venue: Briner Sports Complex

Time: 4 p.m.

- Ohio is 3-4-3 against Ball State since 2010. The Bobcats fell to the Cardinals 2-1 in their last matchup in 2019.

- Ball State put up 28 shots against Purdue Fort Wayne earlier this season, tied for the second highest shots in a game in the MAC this year. 

- Ball State is a perfect 3-for-3 on penalty kicks this season.

Player to watch: Senior Tatiana Mason leads the Cardinals with 26 shots, 10 of which are shots on goal. 

Notes on Ohio

- Ohio has not lost a match this season since Sept. 19, going 5-0-1 in the time since.

- Ohio is tied for the MAC lead in shots with 191 and is tied for second with 91 shots on goal.

- The Bobcats have allowed just 10 goals on the year and are second in the MAC for goals allowed per game.

Player to watch: Senior Olivia Sensky has been stellar on defense this season and knocked in her second goal off a free kick against Northern Illinois. 

@imchristosiegel

cs093219@ohio.edu