OU defense Taylor Dickerson (#15) dribbling the ball during the Bobcats' game against Miami on Oct. 17, 2021

Soccer: Ohio travels to face Central Michigan in its final regular season road match

Ohio travels north Sunday for its final road match of the regular season with a contest against Central Michigan. Ohio is looking to continue its undefeated streak in its Mid-American Conference schedule as it finishes off its last two matchups before the MAC tournament. 

Central Michigan holds a 7-7-1 record on the year and is 4-4-1 against MAC opponents. Coming into this match, the Bobcats (11-3-2, 7-0-2) have favorable odds as they boast an undefeated MAC record and have shined against conference opponents throughout the season. 

The Chippewas have scored 14 goals so far in the season and score on 7.6% of their shots. The Bobcats are coming in with 22 goals and a shot percentage of 9.4%. If Ohio’s defense remains as stellar and poised as it has been all year, it is going to be tough for Central Michigan to get its offense going. 

Central Michigan will face its toughest matchup yet, as Ohio remains at the top of the MAC rankings. It needs this win to help boost its chances of earning a spot in the MAC tournament. Ohio will walk into this contest with utmost confidence after its undefeated run against conference opponents and a secured spot in the tournament. 

@nicholaswhiite

nw163519@ohio.edu