She Robertson (#18) fighting for the ball at the game against Eastern Michigan on Oct. 21, 2021.

Soccer: Ohio prepares for final regular season match against Kent State

Ohio’s final match of the regular season is here. It’s clinched a spot in the Mid-American Conference Tournament and is tied for first in the conference standings.

The only thing left in Ohio’s way is the team it shares first place with. Ohio (11-4-2, 7-1-2 MAC) will face Kent State (11-4-2, 7-1-2 MAC) at Chessa Field on Thursday. The winner of the match claims the MAC regular season title.

Here’s everything you need to know before Ohio’s match against Kent State on Thursday:

Match Information & Notes

Opponent: Kent State

Venue: Chessa Field

Time: 3 p.m. 

• Kent State and Ohio have only lost one match in the conference play this season. Ohio lost its only conference match against Central Michigan on Sunday, while Kent State’s only loss in the MAC came at the hands of Bowling Green Oct. 3.
  • Ohio is 3-10-1 against Kent State since 2010.
  • The Golden Flashes lead the MAC with 37 goals, six more than second-place Buffalo.
  • Kent State is second in the MAC in assists with 32.

Player to watch: Redshirt senior Cameron Shedenhelm leads the conference in goals and shots on goal. 

Notes on Ohio

• Ohio leads the MAC with 250 shots and 120 shots on goal this season.
  • Ohio has allowed its conference opponents to score just six goals through 10 matches.
  • The Bobcats have committed 131 fouls in 17 matches, the second fewest in the MAC.

Player to watch: Forward Sarina Dirrig recorded three goals and three assists in October. Dirrig scored the lone goal in Ohio’s 1-0 shutout of Miami on Oct. 17.

@imchristosiegel

cs093219@ohio.edu