Nick Carretta #17 fighting for the puck against John Carroll at Bird Arena on September 25, 2021.

Hockey: Ohio will face its first road game of the season against No.5 Adrian

After a strong start to the season, Ohio has struggled as of late, dropping three of its last four games. Ohio split a series with Illinois last weekend, and its schedule is not getting any easier.

The Bobcats (7-4) are going on the road for the first time this season, as they will split hosting in a two-game series with No. 5 Adrian. If the Bobcats want to come out with at least one win, they will have to be better than they were the last time they faced the fifth-ranked team in the American Collegiate Hockey Association, when they were swept by then-No. 5 Iowa State in Athens.

Opponent: Adrian

Location: Arrington Ice Arena | Bird Arena

Series Dates: Oct. 28 at 7:30 p.m. | Oct. 29 at 7 p.m.

Series Information:

This will only be the third time in the last decade that Ohio faces Adrian in a regular-season series. The first two were last year, when the teams faced off in consecutive series in February. Ohio lost three of the four games and was outscored 19-8, including losses of 8-4 and 5-0.

The Bulldogs are currently ranked fifth in the ACHA with an 8-2 record, but those two losses came in a sweep at the hands of Stony Brook two weeks ago that knocked them out of the top spot. 

One player to watch for the Bobcats is junior defenseman and captain Sam Turner. In addition to leading the team in goals, Turner is also second in points, has scored two game-winning goals and has not spent a single minute in the penalty box. He is key for the Bobcats on both sides of the puck, and a good series from him will be necessary for his team to pull off the upset.

@willocunningham

wc425318@ohio.edu