6 removable wallpapers to spice up your room

Decorating for a college dorm or apartment can be difficult. Most places don’t allow you to paint, nice posters and wallpapers can be expensive and you can’t hang up most without damaging the walls. No need to fear — because removable wallpapers are a fast and easy way to liven up your room and not hurt your walls or your budget. 

You don’t need to be a DIY genius either to hang these wallpapers up. Most just include a peel adhesive so that you can stick it up on your wall. The hardest part of the process will be picking what pattern to put up. 

Here are the six of the best removable wallpapers to spice up your dorm or apartment room:

Minimalist looks

If you want a more low-key wallpaper, this textured brick peel and stick one from Target is perfect for you. It can lighten up any room and still coordinate with bedding or room patterns. The wallpaper measures 20.5 inches wide by 198 inches long, covering up about 27.5 square feet of wall space. 

For another natural look, this white distressed wood peel and stick wallpaper is available on Amazon. While it’s a little bolder of a choice, the neutral colors allow you to mix and match with your room colors. The material is also washable and water resistant. With one roll covering 28.18 square feet of wall space, it gives you a more polished look for your entire space. 

If neither pique your interest, this last minimalist wallpaper is olive branch paper peel and stick from Home Depot. Available in charcoal, olive grove and teal, all of these colors give a faded yet luxurious feel to any room. It’s the most bold choice out of three examples, but it is cohesive with most colors and patterns. At $46.99 per roll, it will stick on your wall easily while sticking to a budget. 

Bold looks

If you want a statement wallpaper, this Analeese peel and stick wallpaper roll will do just that. The geometric pattern can complement most bedroom colors and patterns. It’s available in multiple colors: white/gold, gold/black and white/gray. You can also purchase the paper in either one roll (covers 28.18 square feet) or by square foot for $1.45 each. 

For astrology lovers, Urban Outfitters’ constellations removable wallpaper will liven up your room without clashing with your room style. The beautiful design is self-adhesive and can be repositioned after initial set-up. The roll can also be cut up to accent a wall instead of completely covering it. However you decide to style it, it will be an eye-catching piece in any bedroom. 

This last wallpaper is the most outgoing yet sophisticated. The mid-century beads peel and stick wallpaper is perfect for making a prominent piece in your bedroom. Not only is the design outstanding, but it’s available in colors green, orange and taupe, which helps the patterns really stand out. One roll is 18 inches wide by 18.86 feet long, so you can use as many as you need to cover the whole room or just one for an accent. 

@hannahcmpbell

hc895819@ohio.edu