SHEIN Haul Review: 10 items you need for fall

We hate to love it, but we love to wear it. It’s SHEIN

Since SHEIN has risen to fame in recent months, I have learned how to optimize my searches since one of my first bulk hauls resulted in endless options of affordable pieces best tailored to myself and my own style. Instead of gatekeeping my SHEIN secrets, I’m here to share them with you, because girlie, you don’t want to miss this. 

The need for a fall wardrobe is right around the corner, and with this beloved site, all of its features and discount codes, an abundance of new clothing is nowhere near impossible. Set aside some money and get to SHEIN shopping. 

The first step to becoming a seasoned SHEIN shopper is to simply find one item you love. SHEIN can often display some weirder, more basic pieces, but with a specific search description with the addition of the word “trendy,” you’re bound to find something you like. 

For example, if you are looking for a “trendy pink patterned set,” type those exact words into the search engine and see which pieces pop up. When doing so, I immediately find outfits I love and can see myself wearing. As a regular, through ratings, reviews and the frequent search and save of similar items, I am able to experience a personalized experience, and one everyone else can too. 

Once you find that item you love, scroll down until you see the tab labeled, “Customers Also Viewed,” to explore complementary items, and from there on, you will fall down a rabbit hole of all things you adore. Ultimately, you will never be able to escape, and will go to this commonly talked about site for all your fashion needs, including accessories, shoes, swimsuits, etc. The addiction is dangerous. With that being said, here are a few things you need from SHEIN:

SHEIN Self Tie Backless Zebra Striped Halter And Skirt Set ($6.00) 

Easily a favorite item on this list – this set is everything. For only $6.00, shoppers receive both a skirt and a top – a steal to say the least. This set is soft, comfortable, yet incredibly chic as it dupes onlookers that an individual is dressed to the nines. I paired this set with classic Doc Martens for a more laxed lavish vibe and the perfect Saturday in Athens outfit. 

The amount of compliments I received was endless, and the confidence I felt that day was immense. It’s a set that’s a staple in my closet, and was somehow only $6.00 

SHEIN Tie Backless Shirred Bodice Allover Floral Print Dress ($7.00) 

It’s the dress in my closet each of my roommates have begged me to wear, and can you even blame them? It’s ditsy, flowy and cute, leaving room to complete this piece with the simple addition of some chunky sneakers, a high pony and fun earrings to make for an adorable fit. You won’t be able to resist twirling around and feeling a little lighter while wearing it. Perfect for Sunday morning mimosas, or Parent’s Weekend at Ohio University, this baby doll dress is versatile. 

SHEIN Off Shoulder Ruched Bust Floral Top And Skirt Set ($6.00)

70s vibes on 10, this set is the perfect fit for a fall and retro aesthetic. Neutrals are in, but so are funky patterns, making the combination of the colors and design incredibly ideal. When I received this piece, I was immediately obsessed. Although the material is sheer, it is not see-through. 

However, the top at first, decided to slide right on up with the raising of the arms, but a little fashion tape does the trick and keeps the top firm in place, making it wearable to any event, even one where a lot of dancing is involved. 

Drop Shoulder Textured Crop Sweater & Knit Shorts Set ($23.00)

More expensive for a SHEIN lounge set, but so worth it. If you’re looking for a comfy, but chic two-piece, this is it. The set has incredibly laxed Barbie vibes, personally I love it, and you probably will, too. 

The set can be worn for multiple occasions, so purchasers can completely get their money’s worth. Whether you wear it to class or to your favorite Court Street hotspot, you’ll be sure to turn heads for its bright and bold look. 

Solid Belly Button Ring Set - 9pcs ($4.50)  

I was incredibly weary to buy belly button rings from SHEIN – nine of them priced at $4.50 for that matter – but I was impressed to say the least. After having a $180 dollar crystal belly button ring for over a year (still one of my favorites, might I add), I unfortunately lost it and had to get a new one ASAP, so I resorted to SHEIN, as I do almost every time I’m in need of something specific.

I was worried my skin would be irritated from a ring so cheap, but never had I had any issues. I was lucky to have a variety of fun colors to match a different swimsuit each day, while I was in Florida, making going to the beach just a bit more fun than it already is. 

Color Block Cut Out Waist Cami Bodycon Dress ($6.00) 

Both sassy and sophisticated, this dress is calling your name. This style is entirely in right now, and everyone who rocks a dress like this, kills the game. With SHEIN offering a multitude of color combinations in dresses similar to this one, shoppers are bound to find one they love. 

With the colder months approaching, grab this dress and pair it with a cropped jacket featuring a lapel, and tall boots for a night out in a bigger city like Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland or even one of the fancier restaurants here in Athens. 

Crisscross Cut-out Bandeau Crop Top ($8.00) 

The perfect top for a night out in Athens, due to it being fun within itself, that it doesn’t need much outside accessories. Personally, I paired this saucy top with a Von Dutch trucker hat and was obsessed with the overall look. It was the perfect touch to make the whole ensemble unique, but still casual when walking up and down Court Street.  

Bead Decor Hoop Earrings ($2.50)  

We all know color is all the rage, so what better accessory to pair with colorful tops, dresses and skirts, than a pair of earrings that encompasses almost all of the basic colors? The one thing I will say about these earrings, is that they often make my ears ache, but beauty is pain, and they’re so trendy and convenient, I usually forget about the discomfort anyways. 

Patent Pleather Ankle Strap Platform Block Heels ($31.00) 

Buy. These. Booties. Now. Seriously – for a short individual like me, these heels not only give me height, but also a heightened sense of confidence. Shoes have the ability to pull an outfit together and empower the person wearing them, and easily these boots do just that. 

These are the epitome of a versatile shoe, as they can be worn with jeans, dresses, skirts and shorts. Maybe not sweatpants, but there’s always that person that can pull the eccentric look off. 

Chunky Sole Lace-Up Platform Sneakers ($20.00) 

Similar to the Patent Pleather Booties, these shoes are everything. The occasional relative always has something to say about them, but come on, big, chunky shoes are in. These too are wearable with almost anything from the Ruched floral dress discussed prior, or sweats and an oversized graphic. 

And hey, everyone needs a pair of going out shoes, right? So instead of ruining your quality pair of Air Jordans, swap them for these instead if you know you will be walking through the trenches of Mill Street parties and Court Street bars. 

@emmadollenmayer 

ed569918@ohio.edu