What your favorite Halloween candy says about you

Halloween is just around the corner and that means it’s time to hit your local CVS to grab some sweet treats. Whether it be Reese’s Cups or Sour Patch Kids, here is what your favorite Halloween candy says about you:

Snickers

“You’re not you when you’re hungry” is your personality in a nutshell. For the most part, you’re not phased by anything unless it’s moments of pure stress such as running late to class or forgetting your Bobcat ID in your dorm. Likewise, people you know should be warned when your emotions do run high, especially since your more aggressive side can come out. Overall, you're the type of person who loves a good bite of chocolate, peanuts, nougat and caramel, and this treat will definitely lift your spirits.

Sour Patch Kids

Basically, you’re high energy. You are always doing something. Whether it be hitting up Ping at 6 a.m. or drinking multiple Red Bulls in a row before a day packed with classes, you are actually quite productive. You also have a sweet and sour side, the sweet being that you have an infectious nature to make people smile, and the sour being that sometimes your endless energy can lead to excessive burnout. At the end of the day, you try your best to make others happy, but sometimes that means putting yourself last. 

Reese’s Cups

You know how to make a statement. Everyone wants to be you, and you set the bar for everyone around you as well. You’re confident and ambitious and no is not a word in your vocabulary. People may seem intimidated by you at first, but you’re actually a super nice person. Once people get to know you, they will easily be able to trust you and look to you for guidance. Just don’t let your confidence turn to cockiness. You also may sometimes have a really bad RBF, but just remember, a smile goes a long way!

Skittles

As the rainbow of colors suggests, you are accepting of everyone. You also know how to let loose and have fun. You’re great at making friends and inviting new people into your life. You have a big heart and only want to see others succeed. Sometimes, your kindness is taken for granted though and people can use that against you. You may put all your trust in people that you maybe shouldn’t have, and this can backfire against you. However, your individuality reins supreme, and you're unwilling to let anyone get in the way of being the best version of yourself you can be. 

Candy Corn

All I’m going to say is that you’re quirky but in a good way. You are also always in a good mood and dislike negativity. People may try to bring you down, but you know how to block out the hate. You’re more on the soft spoken side, but you have strong morals and will call people out if they really did hurt you. For the most part, you try to stay neutral and are cautious of your actions and the people around you. You are proactive and always prepared. 

M&M’s

You have many different sides to your personality. Some days, you’re angry at the world and others you're bouncing off the walls and filled with joy. You’re also a risk taker and this can sometimes involve you in situations that make you uncomfortable or weary. You aren’t the best at saying no to people and always end up stressing yourself out by constantly trying to meet the demands of others. Additionally, you have a great work ethic and apply yourself to everything you set your mind to. Others look up to you as a role model and are also your biggest fans. You sometimes forget to dial down your emotions but most people do too. 

@grace_koe3

gk011320@ohio.edu