7 cozy holiday gift ideas for the winter season

The Gift-giving season is upon us, meaning many are questioning what to buy for their loved ones or themselves. Luckily, snuggle season is arising as well, resulting in lots of individuals searching for the perfect products to help them feel a little warmer, softer and relaxed during the winter months. 

With that being said, here are seven of the perfect holiday-homey gifts to gift this year: 

Weighted blankets

Are you stressed? Of course you are; you’re an adult. Nothing counteracts stress as comfortably as a weighted blanket. The heavy blanket causes deep pressure stimulation, which results in the release of hormones like serotonin, ultimately keeping the user relaxed. This makes this $39 blanket from Amazon perfect for a loved one this holiday season. 

Platform slippers 

Getting up in the morning is tough enough, but knowing you get to put on a pair of nice slippers makes it a little easier. Therefore, these $100 UGG platform slippers make the absolute perfect gift for someone who needs a good reason to get out of bed or just wants to be comfy this Christmas. 

Sweater weather candle 

Nothing says comfort like a pleasantly scented candle, especially from the ever-relevant Bath & Body Works. The combination of sage, juniper berry, eucalyptus and fresh wood will make your home smell better and feel warmer. At just over $25, this makes a perfect gift for a loved one (and for a little gift to yourself). 

Fleece lounge joggers

During the COVID-19 pandemic, most of us decided stiff and tight pants are out. Enter loungewear, the comfiest alternative to regular pants. These $20 tie-dye joggers from Target are a perfect example of this. The combination of the inexpensive price and the comfiness of the pants will make a great gift this holiday season.

Wearable blanket

Don’t let the fact that it’s shaped like a sweatshirt fool you: it’s less clothing and more blanket. With sherpa lining on the inside and a microfiber exterior, it’s the literal embodiment of comfort. Its oversized build also makes it perfect for someone to really wrap themselves up in, making this $45 gift an absolute must for cold winter nights. 

Pajama onesies

Who doesn’t like comfy little onesies? They’re especially fun around the holidays, often coming in styles appropriate to the season, such as this Santa Claus one. Coming in at just over $40, it’s an absolutely perfect gift for anyone who loves the comfort of pajamas and the spirit of Christmas. 

Aromatherapy diffuser and essential oil set

So, maybe you don’t want to get candles for someone for Christmas (some places like dorms don’t allow candles for fear of it becoming a fire hazard), but there’s an alternative for this. Enter diffusers sets, such as this $40 one, which comes with a diffuser and a set of multiple essential oils, making it a great gift for someone who’s looking to make their living space smell more inviting. 

@alicia_szcz 

as589820@ohio.edu