(Photo provided via @taylorswift on Instagram)

Twitter Reactions: 'All Too Well: The Short Film' is a cinematic, lyrical masterpiece

Friday may have been a normal day for many but, for Swifties, it was a day full of joy, tears and anticipation as fans patiently awaited for the 10-minute version of Taylor Swift’s universally beloved song “All Too Well” to drop along with the short film that accompanied it. 

Only Swift could release a whole short film, written and directed by her, and host a premiere party for it, simply so fans could immerse themselves in the complex yet rare relationship she and actor Jake Gyllenhaal shared. 

“All Too Well” carries some raw and heart-wrenching lyrics and, with “Taylor’s Version” of the song and the video starring Dylan O’Brien and Sadie Sink, the heartache is only heightened while the pain is only more evident. O’Brien (30) and Sink (19) have a significant age difference similar to Swift and Gyllenhaal, confirming maturity played a leading role in the couple’s breakup. 

The song, which was once simply just a “track five” on Red, became what it is today because fans of Swift recognized how painstakingly personal and relatable it was and made it truly legendary. It wasn’t a single, and there originally wasn’t even a music video for it, causing fans to want more out of their favorite anthemic breakup ballad. 

Naturally, Swift delivered and fans went wild. Clearly, Swift should win an Oscar for this one. Here is how Swifties reacted on Twitter: 

@emmadollenmayer 

ed569918@ohio.edu