Existential Binge-Watching: Some of the best YouTube channels to binge-watch

Although it seems to often be overlooked when searching for something to binge-watch, YouTube has always had an astronomical selection of different content creators and channels to choose from. Sometimes it’s easy to get overwhelmed in the abyss that is the recommended section, but you’re bound to find a couple channels that emerge as reliable clicks for a quick video or two or for longer sit downs to unwind after a stressful day.

If you have yet to find your trusted YouTubers, here are a few recommendations to get you started.

Cut

Cut might just be the quintessential YouTube channel to binge-watch. Every single one of their increasingly viral shows are a blast to watch. From Truth or Drink to Fear Pong to other series like Lineup or Keep it 100, it all just works. Each series and video within them are unique, concisely cut together and chaotic in all the most engagingly well done ways possible.

Call Me Kevin

There are so many fantastic gaming channels out there, but Call Me Kevin is always great to tune into no matter what he’s playing. Known for not really approaching games in the way they’re supposed to be played, Kevin’s hilarious play-throughs involve everything from absolute madness in the various versions of The Sims to hectic, albeit unique, objectives when playing games like Hitman or Among Us. Plus, although there are a couple inside jokes, it really is easy to jump into any video at any time.

First We Feast

While there are a handful of shows on this channel - Snacked is a pretty cute one - the most widely known is easily Hot Ones. The show with hot questions and even hotter wings truly is one of the best celebrity interview formats out there. Sean Evans is an outstanding and well researched host, whose intriguing questions and increasingly spicy chicken wings lead to some of the most open and fascinating interviews ever done. Despite some longer runtimes, they’ll keep you attentive and laughing along as if you’re at the table.

Smosh Pit

The main channel for Smosh and other offshoots like Smosh Games are great, for sure, but Smosh Pit really feels like the channel where the big personalities of the cast shine the brightest. With popular series like Eat It Or Yeet It and Try Not To Laugh, the concepts are so easy to get invested in no matter who is on certain episodes. Everyone is so committed and the shows are so well produced that you’re always looking forward to the next episode. Smosh is the veteran of veterans when it comes to YouTube, but their shows on channels like this prove they’re not going anywhere any time soon.

Yes Theory

Though some members of the original group have moved on to different roles or to different places entirely, Yes Theory still and has always maintained the core ideal of living each day to the fullest and taking advantage of every opportunity. Well shot and produced, any of their huge array of videos will keep you laughing, listening and maybe even shedding a tear at times. It’s a binge-watch that makes you feel a little less guilty and a little more inspired by the end of it.

Jubilee

Much like Cut in their format and concepts, Jubilee has a ton of shows to get lost in for hours on end. Whether it’s opposing ideological groups coming together to have an honest conversation on the likes of Middle Ground or Spectrum or more light-hearted shows like Odd Man Out, where groups like gamers or introverts are brought in and must find the one person who is faking being part of that group, so many interesting and important ideas are explored in fun and creative ways.

Babish Culinary Universe

In the huge array of food related content on YouTube, this channel sticks out mostly due to the hit series Binging with Babish. Cooking food from TV shows, movies, video games and anything else in the realm of pop culture, Andrew Rea shows in every episode not only how amazing of a chef he is but also how spectacular he is as a host and video creator as well. Each entry in the series is quick, witty and always entertaining, making for a delightful and easy series to binge. It is in the name, after all.

These are all just a fraction of what there is to find on YouTube. If Netflix or Hulu isn’t doing much for you on a given day, try out some of these channels or brave the recommended sections to find some creators on your own. It’s a long and dangerous journey sometimes, but one that is so very worthwhile when you finally find a channel to fall in love with.

Jackson Horvat is a senior studying journalism at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnist do not reflect those of The Post. Do you agree? Tell Jackson by tweeting him at @horvatjackson.