Ohio’s Ashton Webb #11 bumps the ball during the Ohio versus Kent State match in The Convo on Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021. The Bobcats won three sets to two.

Volleyball: Ohio takes on Bowling Green in its final home series of the season

Ohio will play its final home series of the season when it hosts Mid-American Conference East Division leader Bowling Green over the weekend in The Convo.

Even though the Bobcats (10-16, 10-5 MAC) managed to clinch a spot in the MAC Tournament last weekend by sweeping Miami, they still have three matches remaining in the regular season. The Falcons (18-7, 14-1 Mid-American Conference) will challenge the Bobcats for two of those matches, as they are tied with Ball State for first place in the MAC with a 14-1 conference record. Most recently, Bowling Green is coming off of a sweep of Kent State. As strong as Bowling Green may be, Ohio has a reason to play with confidence because it has won nine of its last 10 matches. 

Match Information

Opponent: Bowling Green

Time: 7 p.m. Friday | 2 p.m. Saturday

History

Ohio has only played three matches against Bowling Green in the last five years. The Bobcats are winless in those three matches, with their last win against the Falcons coming in 2015. Ohio’s last match against Bowling Green took place in 2018 which the Bobcats lost 3-1. Since 2010, however, Ohio is 6-2 against Bowling Green at The Convo. 

Players to watch

Bowling Green: Petra Indrova. Bowling Green has several players to watch on the court at any given time, but Indrova sticks out. She leads the MAC in both kills per set and points per set. Indrova is also a key contributor to the Falcons’ strong serving game, which ranks second in the MAC for service aces per set. As for herself, Indrova is tied for fourth in the MAC in average service aces per set. She was also named First Team All-MAC last season.

Ohio: Tria McLean. McLean has been one of the biggest reasons for the Bobcats’ recent winning streak. She has gone for over 50 assists in four of Ohio’s last seven matches. Her efforts have been rewarded with back-to-back MAC East Setter of the Week awards, which she has three in total of this season. McLean currently ranks eighth in the MAC in assists.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu