Cece Hooks (#1) drives to the basket in the first quarter of the 105-69 Bobcat loss to the University of Notre Dame at the Joyce Center on Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021.

Women's Basketball: What to know about Cincinnati

To say Ohio is not where it thought it would be after two games would be a significant understatement. After a blowout loss to Notre Dame and a close loss to Liberty in which Ohio consistently shot itself in the foot, it sits at 0-2 and needs to get things turned around quickly.

Ohio’s next chance to do so will be against Cincinnati in Fifth Third Arena for its third straight road game to begin the season.

Game Information

Opponent: Cincinnati

Time: 11 a.m.

How to Watch: The game will be available on ESPN+

How to Listen: TuneIn

Meet the Opponent

Coach: Michelle Clark-Heard (Fourth Season)

Probable Starters

1 Caitlyn Wilson

2 Akira Levy

10 Jadyn Scott

15 Arame Niang

20 Jillian Hayes

Things to Know

Cincinnati is currently 2-0 after a pair of 13-point wins against Alabama A&M and Bellarmine. Scoring has come from all over the roster for Cincinnati, with five different players scoring in double figures across their first two games. This includes Levy, a junior point guard who was named American Athletic Conference Player of the Week after combining for 30 points and 15 assists in Cincinnati’s first two games.

The Bearcats were picked to finish sixth in the AAC in the Preseason Coaches Poll, one spot above where they finished last year. They ended last season with a 53-43 loss to UCF in the AAC Tournament quarterfinals.

Series History

Cincinnati leads the all-time series, 11-8. The Bearcats won the last matchup 75-74 on Dec. 13, 1999.

@willocunningham

wc425318@ohio.edu