6 fall-themed cocktails for Thanksgiving dinner

The temperature has dropped, the leaves have changed and Black Friday ads are playing on the television. It is officially Thanksgiving season. Thanksgiving is known as a time to remember all of the blessings in your life: your family and friends, your job, your education, your significant other and everything else you have to give thanks for. 

What better way to ponder what you’re thankful for than over some Thanksgiving themed cocktails? To get you in the spirit, here are six Thanksgiving-themed cocktails for the giving season: 

Sparkling Vodka Cranberry

A sparkling vodka cranberry is a sweet, refreshing cocktail perfect for those who don’t love a strong alcoholic flavor. The sparkling water truly adds an extra something to your typical vodka cran. Bonus tip: add fresh cranberries and a lime wedge as a fun garnish!

Ingredients:

1.5 oz. vodka 

Cranberry juice 

Sparkling water

Fresh cranberries

Pecan Pie Martini

Before this, I didn’t even know you could get pecan-flavored vodka! This drink is for all of the pecan pie lovers. The mix of the Irish cream liqueur, pecan pie vodka and heavy cream creates a creamy, rich consistency. Since this drink has a strong pecan flavor and a large amount of heavy cream, this will be most enjoyed as a dessert after your big meal. 

Ingredients:

1 oz. Irish Cream Liquor

1 oz. Pecan Pie flavored vodka

1 oz. Vanilla flavored vodka

1 tbsp. Maple syrup, Grade A

Heavy cream over ice

Serve in crushed pecan and brown sugar rimmed glass

Spiked Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte

This cocktail is perfect for anyone who enjoys the cozy feeling you get when drinking a pumpkin spice latte. Similar to the pecan pie martini, this drink is so rich it is almost a dessert itself. Be careful not to have too many of these later in the day since they do contain caffeine; you could find yourself unable to sleep later in the night.

Ingredients:

2 oz. RumChata

1 oz. Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie Vodka

Cinnamon 

Top with iced coffee

Tip with whipped cream

Peachy Apple Bellini

This Bellini recipe is another great option for those who don’t love a super-strong alcoholic flavor when drinking. They are also a great option to sip on while watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving day parade. The fresh peach puree and honey pair perfectly with the fresh apple cider and champagne. For a mocktail version, replace the champagne with ginger ale.

Ingredients:

Peach puree

Honey 

5 oz. champagne

Cinnamon sticks

Apple cider

Pumpkin Eggnog Cocktail

We all know someone who is ready for Christmas on Nov. 1. A pumpkin eggnog cocktail is perfect for that family member who is obsessed with Christmas. This drink could be a good way to combine eggnog for Christmas and pumpkin flavor for Thanksgiving into one fun cocktail! 

Ingredients:

1 oz. Irish whiskey

1 oz. Irish cream

Pumpkin pie eggnog

Nutmeg

Cinnamon sticks

Hot Caramel Apple Cider

As the last drink on our list, but most definitely not the least, the hot caramel apple cider cocktail  is always a crowd-pleaser. Different from the other drinks on the list, this cocktail is served hot. This warm caramel apple flavored drink is perfect for sipping on by the fire while trying to get through your post dinner food coma.  

Ingredients:

Apple cider

2 oz. Caramel Smirnoff Vodka 

Caramel sauce to garnish

Top with whipped cream

@MaryBergs10 

Mb690617@ohio.edu