The ultimate Christmas gift guide for 2021

The air is chilling and snow is falling, meaning that it’s the season for gift giving (and receiving). Choosing gifts for certain people in your life may intimidate you and cause major procrastination. Trying to find a thoughtful present for someone special at the last minute is not ideal, so it’s a good idea to start hitting the shops soon. 

Christmas is the time for love and laughter, not stress and panic. Here is the ultimate Christmas gift guide that will cover everyone on your list this year, or give you some ideas for your own wish list:

For teens

UGG slides

UGG recently came out with these trendy and super comfortable slippers. They are platform and fluffy all over to make it feel like you’re walking on clouds. Not only do they come in various colors and patterns, but they are also on sale for $60 on the Zappos website.

The Glossier Gift Shop

For those that are makeup and skincare lovers, these gift sets from Glossier are perfect. They have an entire page on their website that feature their best sellers and premade sets. They also have an adorable pink hoodie for sale.

For kids

Scientist on-the-go lab set

This interactive play set is great for ages 3 and up. Inspired by the Netflix show Ada Twist, Scientist, this hands-on lab set includes fun experiments and all of the tools necessary to keep it fun and safe. Children can explore their own creativity and scientific discovery.

Educational travel fidget and sensory game 

This toy attracts kids of all ages and is a fun way to build spelling, alphabet and math skills. Fidgets and sensory games are also a great way to keep kids occupied without the use of a digital device. It’s also very affordable, and Target carries a few different versions of this toy. 

For mothers, grandmothers and aunts

Lush gift set

Lush’s annual gift sets are back. They are carefully curated and pre-wrapped in reusable or recyclable packaging. Each is unique and suitable for any preferred scent.

Peloton cushion seat cover

For your Peloton-loving family members, a more comfortable ride might be the perfect gift for them this season. Whether this person cycles indoors or outdoors, this cushion seat cover will provide a more enjoyable experience for them. It even comes in four fun colors. 

For fathers, grandfathers and uncles

Money clip

Not all men like to carry around wallets because they are too bulky or easily forgotten in places. A money clip is more practical for those in your life that aren’t a fan of wallets. This one from Amazon is sleek and sturdy, so it won’t break no matter how fat the wad of cash. 

Wireless meat thermometer 

This smart meat thermometer with Bluetooth capabilities is perfect for all the grill masters out there. It is simple to set up, receives alerts to your phone, estimates cooking time and can even monitor multiple dishes. Customers have rated it 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon and claim this gadget is a game changer. 

For your significant other

Perfume discovery set

If you don’t know what scent your significant other will love, don’t fret. Perfume discovery sets are a great way for your partner to test out a few different scents without marrying one. Once the decision is made on their favorite one, they can return to Sephora and receive a full-size of the winner. 

UGG boots

UGG boots are perfect to walk around the house in and run errands in. The slipper-like feel provides comfort while still looking fashionable. They come in up to eight different colors and the website carries multiple styles of boots. 

For tech lovers

Portable projector 

This portable projector creates the movie theatre experience at home. The size of this projector also allows you to bring it on trips where you won’t have access to a TV, or if you simply enjoy watching movies on a larger screen. It even has a 360-degree speaker that pumps out sound all around.

Wyze smart plug

The Wyze smart plug allows you to control your home appliances digitally. It is easy to use and lets you control whichever appliance you plug in with your phone and voice. It’s a great gift for those in your family who enjoy smart gadgets to upgrade their home.

For pets

Dog puffer

This reversible puffer coat is insanely cute and will keep your pup warm during the colder months. It comes in five sizes and even has a leash hole so that you can take your furry friend on walks in style. 

Tunnel toy 

This fun toy is perfect for hide-and-seek games with your pets. It also comes with a bonus dangling toy to keep them occupied. It’s suitable for cats, dogs, rabbits, ferrets and other small pets. 

Fun gifts/stocking stuffers

Calming hemp-infused patch 

This patch is complete with 15 mg of hemp extract, ashwagandha and passionflower that will deliver relaxation for 8 to 12 hours. The customer reviews are full of positive feedback that acclaim this product to help with anxious behaviors and stress. It’s perfectly safe and is a small, fun gift for a friend or family member. 

Subscription boxes

Subscription boxes are wonderful gift ideas for loved ones that like to experiment with different products. There are so many different subscription boxes on the market, from makeup to food and drinks. If the person you’re gifting is into all things makeup and skincare, the Ipsy glam bag is perfect and personalized to their interests and needs. Foodies would love the Indie states of America subscription box that focuses on a different U.S. region and their food culture each month. Lastly, all wine connoisseurs need the Eater wine club in their life. You get professionally selected wines each month, along with exclusive intel on all things wine. 

Creative gift cards 

Airbnb

For all the travel lovers out there, Airbnb offers gift cards on their website for any amount. It’s a thoughtful gift that will help fund a loved one’s next trip. 

Hulu 

As a young adult and student, it’s always nice to not have to pay a bill for a few months. A Hulu gift card is an easy but considerate gift that will help out your younger family member or friend.

@gracebrezine

gb194519@ohio.edu