OU foward Ryan Higgins (#9) jumps over Western Michigan goalie Ross Hawryluk (#31) during their game on Nov. 5, 2021

Hockey: Ohio returns from break with two-game series against Niagara

After winning its last three games, Ohio (13-7) got a well-deserved break from gameplay. This weekend, however, it’s time for it to get back on the ice and pick up where it left off. The last time the Bobcats played, they swept Roosevelt in a two-game series on the road on Nov. 19-20. 

Ohio’s next wins may not come as easily. Its next challenge is Niagara, which is on a six-game winning streak. However, Ohio has home-ice advantage in this series. It will be the first time since Nov. 6 that Ohio will play at Bird Arena. 

Opponent: Niagara

Location: Bird Arena (Athens, Ohio)

Series Dates: Dec. 3 and 4 at 7 p.m.

How to Watch: Pay-per-view here

Series Information: 

It has been over eight years since Ohio and Niagara most recently faced off. The last time the teams played was in the American Collegiate Hockey Association Showcase in Cleveland on Oct. 13, 2013. Ohio came up with the win that day, beating Niagara 4-3. 

One player to watch is Niagara’s David Christopher. Christopher leads Niagara with 20 goals and 22 assists. He may be trouble for the Bobcats, especially on power plays. For Ohio, watch out for Ryan Higgins. He continues to be a leader on the ice, as well as an assisting machine. Higgins leads the Bobcats with 18 assists. 

@molly_burchard8

mb712319@ohio.edu