Ohio gaurd Cece Hooks (#1) trying to dribble the ball around Richmond gaurd Siobhan Ryan (#32) during the Bobcats' game on Dec. 4, 2021

Women's Basketball: Numbers to know from Ohio's 74-60 win over UMass Lowell

After dropping its previous game against Minnesota to end a four-game win streak, Ohio bounced back with a 74-60 win over UMass Lowell.

The Bobcats (5-3) kicked off the FIU Holiday Hoops Showdown with a wire-to-wire victory to ensure that they will have a winning record going into Mid-American Conference play.

Here are the numbers to know from Ohio’s 74-60 win over UMass Lowell:

66

Cece Hooks, Erica Johnson and Gabby Burris combined to score 66 of Ohio’s 74 points. The three have shown time and time again this season that they can step up when Ohio needs them, but the lack of production from the rest of the roster is a bit of a concern.

Hooks, Johnson and Burris also shot a combined 49% from the floor while the rest of the Bobcats combined to shoot just 20%.

25

Ohio forced 25 turnovers, which was the main reason it came away with a comfortable win, despite UMass Lowell shooting a higher percentage from the floor.

Turnovers and transition baskets have been a huge part of the Bobcats’ identity this season, and they were able to use them to great effect in Monday’s win.

4

Johnson knocked down four of her eight 3-point attempts against the River Hawks, continuing her hot shooting streak from recent games. She has hit 19 of 42 attempts from beyond the arc over her last five games.

Johnson is one the Bobcats’ best 3-point shooters, and she’s beginning to play like it after a slow start to her season.

899

Hooks has now made 899 field goals in her career at Ohio, more than any other player for either the men’s or women’s basketball programs.

This is just the latest record to fall at the hands of Hooks, whose career has become one of the most well-known in Ohio’s recent memory.

@willocunningham

wc425318@ohio.edu