5 trendy planners that will help dominate your goals in 2022

If your New Year’s Resolution is to make 2022 your most goal-crushing year yet, a good ol’ planner can get you there. 

When we welcome a new year, we also welcome a new schedule and routine that might be hard to tackle when you have a million other obligations as well. Having a planner is one of the most efficient ways to soothe all your stress; you can organize all your hopes, dreams, goals and to-do’s in one consolidated space. However, finding the right planner that perfectly blends your personal needs and preferences depends solely on what you want to get out of it, which can be difficult to navigate.

Questions to consider include: What organizational features do I need a planner to have? Do I prefer weekly, monthly or daily layouts? Does a physical or digital planner best fit my schedule? Do I want a classic or trendy style of planner? 

Once you decide what you want out of your planner and find the right one, organization and accomplishing all your goals will never be a worry again. Lucky for you, we have planner picks for several styles and preferences. Here are five planners that will help you dominate 2022:

Morning People: “Rise and Shine” planner from Papier ($23.19)

For people who love to do their planning in the morning, the Rise and Shine planner from Papier will have you starting your day off on the right page. The hardback cover blends orange and pink hues together, making the planner look as if a sunset lamp is projecting onto it. In this case, the cover resembles a beautiful sunrise that most early risers and morning people are accustomed to.

Inside is a year view and a month view that runs for 13 months and a checklist for monthly goals, lists and important dates. The inner pages are 85gsm, which in planner nerd language means it writes real nice. 

Bright & Trendy: The “Las Flores” planner from ban.do (15.99)

If you’re going the trendy and fashionable route for a planner, look no further than ban.do planners. No matter what time of year or season, the company makes it their mission to be at the forefront of having the cutest planners on the market. 

The stunning Las Flores planner is one of the classic ban.do builds with three pages of stickers, notes of encouragement, unbelievably good artwork at the beginning of each month, a coloring page and a new bright and attractive cover. Its petite sizing also makes it easily transportable during your daily endeavors. Seriously, what more could you want?

Having a planner that is this motivating and supportive from the inside is like giving yourself a hug or pat on the back as you crush all your goals in 2022. 

Digital: Notion app and website (free)

If you don’t prefer to use a physical planner, there are several options to still keep one digitally. One of the most customizable, creative and aesthetically pleasing ways is by using Notion. The app and website allows you to create your own digital planner that is full of ready-to-use templates to customize and create your schedule on. Even better, it’s free!

Users have the option to create several tabs such as long and short term goals, habit trackers, upcoming deadlines, weekly agendas, assignment calendars and pretty much anything you want organized in your life. It’s one of the best tools a college student or working professional can use because it’s easy to update when dates and deadlines are constantly changing. 

Here’s how you can create a digital planner with Notion:

Elegant & Chic: The “Secret Garden” planner from Papier ($27.19)

Embellished with shiny metallic details and intricate floral designs, this planner from Papier is one of the most elegant organizational tools you could possibly bring into the new year. It’s one of those planners that people stop you on the street just to ask where you found a planner so unique.

The Secret Garden planner comes enhanced beautifully with raised, gold foil accents that will brighten up your year and work desk. Inside is a year view for 2022 and 2023, a “to see & do” column and a place to document all of your goals, important dates and wish lists at the beginning of each month.

Classic: 12-month Academic Planner from Shinola ($26)

Sometimes, all you need is a nice, trusty planner that may lack in the pizzaz area but do wonders for your organizational needs. As they alway say, you can’t beat a classic. 

This academic planner from Shinola features a linen hardcover and smyth sewn binding which improves the durability and overall lifespan. Inside, you can find a weekly format shown on two pages, historical facts, moon phases and lots of space for note taking. It’s truly the kind of planner that people use for decades and can’t start their year without a fresh one. 

Although the sunset orange is our pick of choice, the navy and wheat color options are also unique as well. 

@Maadilewellyn

ml20341@ohio.edu