Justin Hynes (No. 32) grabs a board against Wellston High School on Jan. 13, 2016. 

Athens Basketball: Athens hosts Logan Elm in bid for its fourth win

Athens continues its home stint when it hosts Logan Elm on Tuesday night and bids for its fourth win of the season.

The Bulldogs (3-9, 2-3 Tri-Valley Conference-Ohio) are fresh off a win over Alexander on Friday. If the Bulldogs manage to upset the Braves (8-3, 5-2 Mid-State League), they will get on their first win streak of the year. All of their wins this season have come while playing at home, which bodes well for the Bulldogs’ chances come Tuesday.

Here’s what you need to know ahead of Tuesday’s game:

Game information

Opponent: Logan Elm

Location: Athens High School

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Notes

Logan Elm is the heavy favorite, and it boasts the third-best record in the Mid-State League Buckeye Division. It’s lost just three games this season and is undefeated through its January schedule. Additionally, the Braves are undefeated when on the road. The Bulldogs need to be prepared for a hard-fought game.

Fortunately for Athens, all three of its wins have occurred on its home court. It needs to capitalize on its home-court advantage in order to put up a fight on Tuesday.

The odds are not in the Bulldogs’ favor, but the season is well over halfway finished and the clock is ticking. The Bulldogs need big wins in order to turn their season around and have a chance at salvaging their record.

@AlexImwalle

ai687120@ohio.edu