5 COVID-19 safe spring break activities

With COVID-19 cases spiking once again, it’s natural to be weary of making spring break trips when some destinations are beginning to put restrictions back in place. While the week long time off is a nice opportunity to do nothing and just relax, some may be bored back at home or even in quarantine. Don’t worry, we have five COVID-19 safe spring break activity suggestions:

Have a bake-off

If you have a sweet tooth or enjoy baking, take on the challenge to make a new recipe every day. Live with other people? Turn it into a competition to see who has the best dessert, or who does one dish the best. You could also make it a two part endeavor by watching The Great British Bake Off, and then trying to recreate the recipes that the contestants come up with themselves.

Visit your local hiking trail

You don’t have to go too far in order to get some fresh air and scenery with some exercise. Try to find your nearest hiking trail or park, and take in nature by going for a walk or run. Even if other people may be around doing the same as you, trails are fairly open enough that you can social distance yourself and still get a change of setting.

Recreate Bob Ross paintings 

Find your inner artist and try your hand at some Bob Ross paintings. All you need is paint, brushes, a surface to create your image and a device to watch YouTube on. There are hundreds of official Bob Ross painting demos that can give you a step-by-step guide on how to paint various landscapes of his, and they’re easy enough to make anyone feel like an artist.

Pack a picnic

Another outdoor activity, you could go to a nearby park or stay close in your front or backyard. Go all out with a fun blanket to sit on, fizzy drinks, little finger sandwiches and sweet desserts. You could also have a concept for your picnic like Mad Hatter’s tea party or a floral theme. If there’s structures available, pop some fairy lights around and make it truly magical.

Start a daily bullet journal

Maybe you’re stuck in quarantine or maybe you’d just enjoy a daily activity, but try and make it a goal to journal every day of spring break. It can be as simple as your thoughts for the day, goals you wish to achieve or some drawings if that’s what you desire. Can’t decide how to get started or need some inspiration? Pinterest has thousands of fresh and cute page designs.

@mimi_calhoun

mc300120@ohio.edu