New COVID-19 protocols, a lapse in university communications and some ways to spend your hours in quarantine.

Hedges_omicronupdate_oj.png

Ohio University plans to enforce stricter mask and testing policies to slow the spread of the COVID-19 omicron variant. The various changes range from weekly testing for students in residence halls to doing away with cloth masks along with other alternatives and opting for KN95, N95, KF94 or three-ply surgical masks. Click here for the full story...

AthensMiddleSchool
President McDavis worked to build relationships with Athens City Schools during his presidency, and many OU alum teach at them now.

The Athens City School District has made updates to its spring COVID-19 policies to stay in accordance with guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The policy changes mostly affect quarantine and isolation protocols, though rules surrounding masking have also become more strict. Full story...

Hannah Campbell headshot

Opinion: Ohio University has been changing COVID-19 policies at a rapid pace over the last several weeks but failing to provide adequate time for communicating these changes to students, faculty and staff. OU emailed students regarding reduced chairs in dining halls to limit capacity a day after students were sitting on the floor in Nelson Commons.

Palma_productiveinquarantine_oj.png

With the spike in COVID-19, quarantine is unfortunately almost inevitable at this point, and it can be scary and lonely. It’s OK to take comfort in binging your favorite TV show or movie series and take the newfound free time to do whatever you want. Here are a few activities to fill your days:

Mens Basketball 01/7/22_Jarrold-Grapes
Ohio Sophomore Mark Sears (1) turns to dribble get around Kent St. defense on Friday, Jan. 7, 2022. The Bobcats won the game against the Golden Flashes 80-72.

Men’s Basketball: Ohio has won its last seven games and is sitting at the top of the Mid-American Conference standings with a perfect conference record. Ohio has an opportunity to put another notch in its winning streak when it faces Bowling Green in The Convo on Tuesday night. Here’s everything you need to know before the Bobcats face the Falcons:

Jack Hiltner

Digital Director