Spin scooters will not return to OU’s campus, campus organizations embrace their opportunities during the pandemic, regional organizations combat homelessness in Athens

Local organizations work to combat youth homelessness

Homelessness or housing insecurity does not always present itself in the same ways or in the ways some traditionally think of. In Athens, one expert says it’s difficult to know how many individuals experience homelessness because many find temporary solutions. There are, however, a plethora of resources available throughout the Athens County and Ohio University communities to assist those who need housing. Click here to read the full story and learn about some of the resources.

Spin scooters removed from Athens, OU

Love them or hate them, Spin scooters will no longer be found dispersed throughout Athens’ many sidewalks this spring. Spin’s contract with the city of Athens was terminated, as the scooter company restructured its global business model. Read the full story here to see what Ohio University students have to say about the loss of Spin scooters on campus. 

Campbell’s Corner: The chaos of ‘Euphoria’ season 2 should be appreciated

Euphoria has cemented its place in pop culture through its iconic fashion, makeup and characters. The show’s second season has begun, and with it have come jaw-droppers and further development of its characters’ storylines in a rich way. However, the format of the show has undergone a transformation, and it’s drawn mixed reactions from viewers. Read Hannah Campbell’s full column to see why she thinks the approach to Euphoria’s second season should be appreciated. 

OU organizations embrace new year, omicron challenges

The COVID-19 pandemic has made the operations of student organizations much more difficult — so much so that some organizations ceased operations prior to 2022. But the pandemic’s silver lining has been the creation of several new organizations offering students who are on campus for the first time with new options to explore. Read the full story to hear about what organizations have seen recent success and which ones are planning a comeback. 

Women's Basketball: Ohio upsets Buffalo 68-66

Ohio may not have had a stellar start to its Tuesday night game, but none of its issues mattered once it sunk the 3-pointer it had needed all night. The Bobcats surged back in the second half for a victory against its rivals, the Bulls (11-6, 5-2 MAC), in The Convo. In the second half, the Bobcats went for steals and got in the Bulls’ territory after a struggle with communication in the game’s first half. Read the full story to hear more about the tight game and the Bobcats’ victory over Buffalo.